Friday, January 13, 2006

Peer Pressure or Curiosity?

So which is it? I would like to think it is curiosity, but with so many of my friends jumping on the bandwagon, I didn't want to be left in the dust. Hey maybe this will be a good way to get some much needed therapy. Yea, right! More like a good way to procrastinate a little more from everything I should be doing.

Today is definitely a good day to start this. 3 out of the 4 of us are sick! I have been sick for over a week now with a miserable cold. Just when I think it is getting better, bam, it knocks me down again. Emma has been out of school all week. She is one unhappy camper. Not because she is sick, but because I won't let her go to school. And then poor Timmy gets it. We all know that this could lead to more than a cold with him. Please keep your fingers crossed. David left today for work saying his throat hurt and he felt congested, UGH!!! I don't think we can all be sick together. It should be a long weekend of fun in the house, NOT!

Let's see, it is only 11:00 and we are watching Dumbo for the 2nd time today. Why is it that children need to watch the same thing over and over again. They study it and love knowing what to expect. Huh, I guess I answered my own question. I love hearing Timmy talk to the movie and repeat some of what is going on.

On the speech front, Timmy is making progress. He is saying a lot more words and even putting them together. It will be crazy here once he really catches on. I don't know if David and I are really ready for both of them to be talking to us. On Monday he gets his re-evaluation for OT. Let's hope they can shed some light on his sensory issues. I don't think I can express how much I LOVE this kid!!

Emma speech is coming along also. She only needs it for articulation. It is taking longer than I thought it would be her to catch on. I am a little concerned with that. Her frustration level is heightened in this area. She really is a great kid. I am so hard on her. I'm not sure why, but I am concious of it and hope that I can let up. I lost a lot of our bond when I was in the hospital for 6 weeks pregnant with Timmy. Some of it is gone for good, but I am going to start working on rebuilding the parts I can. It is sad that it took me 2 years to see our relationship needs work. I love her so much, but I feel there is a distance between us. If I feel it, you know she does also.

I need to end this long post now. The little man is into the puzzles. I don't want to sit all afternoon putting them together.

Thanks for reading. I'm not sure if I will keep this up or not. Time will tell!

5 Comments:

At 1/13/2006 11:47 AM, Blogger Sara T said...

Girl...you better keep it up! :) Huge HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS!!!
I hope you all feel better QUICK!!!

 
At 1/13/2006 11:57 AM, Blogger Penny said...

I LOVE it Tracy.. I love love the title is is just great. You don't talk as much about your children's speech issues. I am curious sorry LOL Is Emma diagnosed? Sam was non-verbal till two and half and then he learned his letters and the boy scared me how quickly he started to talk. It is very hard to have a child with speech issues. I understand Sam more then anyone else and when i don't understand he get very upset and sad. He has so much in his head to come out.

They had family day at his school.. Mind you this is children his age with speech problems and I was so depressed for a whole day when I saw how much father THESE kids where from Sam. Now that i look at my chatter box Abby and it shocks me how different they are speech wise.
ok that was a bit more then I wanted to say. LOL Love your blog Tracy

 
At 1/13/2006 12:21 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Tracy! I'm so glad you jumped on the bandwagon! I think your blog is GREAT! If nothing else, it will be a good place for you to get your feelings out. For some reason, putting your feelings down on paper or even typing them out seems to help.

Can't wait to read more!!

Christy

 
At 1/13/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I love it, Tracy!! Thank you for adding something fantastic to my day!

Love to you!

 
At 1/14/2006 1:12 AM, Blogger mommy3 said...

I agree that blogs are both theraputic and distracting! ;) Most of all, I love hearing about your kids. Hang in there with Emma's speech. It doesn't hide how smart she is. Maybe take a break and revisit later if she's not catching on. At least that's what they told us about Micah's articulation.

Hope you're all healthy soon! Looking forward to reading more!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home