Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend Roundup!

YEEHAW!!!

Well, I am glad to report that Maggie is doing better. Not 100% yet, but better. Would you believe out vet called us yesterday to check on her. I really like her!! On the urine sample, I didn't do it, David did. Since she is a girl, as soon as she squatted, he shoved a glad plastic container under her. I am sure that would have made a good picture.

David, Emma and I were at the kitchen table, when all of a sudden Timmy started screaming. Realizing he was in a lot of pain, I ran to see what was going on. Well, his thumb was stuck in the VCR! That's right, the boy works the VCR, except this time something went wrong. After hitting eject, he stuck his thumb in and it go wedged between the tape and VCR. I couldn't pull his finger out or get the tape to go back in. He is screaming, I am screaming for David and then I just pulled on it really hard. It came out and I am glad to report he is fine. This BOY!!

David and I went to get a new kitchen light yesterday. For those of you that don't know, we had something electrical happen with out old one on Thursday night. There was a very loud buzzing sound and some crazy flash of light. After locating where all this came from we found the glass shade charred. So to Lowes and Home Depot we went. It is not easy picking out lights. Oh and I do mean lightS...we also got 2 eatra ones for the foyer and hall. They look really great. So this morning David went out to get another for the family room. We are trying to change all of our light fixtures from brass to the wrought iron look. Actually, we are trying to change our whole house. We want to repaint everything to the darker tones and make it look more grown up.

My mission this weekend, to go through our closet and pull out everything that doesn't fit or we really should be wearing. I am proud to say I accomplished that mission. I am embarrassed to say I pulled 180 lbs. of clothes out of the closet and bagged it for the salvation army. YES, I put each bag on a scale. I wanted to know how much junk has been weigh us down. It is proof that we have just TOO MUCH!! Now I look in the closet and it is only 1/4 full. My next mission: The back bedroom aka the junk room. We will be moving Timmy in there possibly this summer.

We are thinking about going down to FL this spring. I asked if we can bring the kids to Disney and it looks like we might stop there for a couple of days if we go. I am so excited!! I know David's parents want to see the kids. Emma has been asking a lot about her Mimi and Pop. She misses them. Now the question fly or drive??? Stay tuned...

I will end with a picture I took today around 5:30. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

At 1/15/2006 9:01 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Love that picture.. are they both wearing boots? sooo cute.. Sounds like you have made your self lots of plans to change your house.. our house should be 'done'.. or rather happy with it, in maybe 10 years.. who knows. Glad your fur baby is feeling better.

 
At 1/15/2006 10:29 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Glad Maggie is feeling better! I cannot believe that Timmy got his finger stuck in the VCR. What to go, mom, on getting it un-stuck!!

180 lbs. of clothes huh? What a dream to get that out of your house!! I've been meaning to do that for, um....years! Maybe I'll get motivated now that you've done it! And I will have to weigh mine too to see if I can beat you!

Hugs!

 
At 1/15/2006 10:48 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I love the picture!

Great job throwing out so many clothes! I should try doing that!
I'll be so excited for you if you guys go to Florida...my vote is for you to FLY!!

 
At 1/17/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

How boys do what they do..I will never know. I ask that question all the time. How did you do that? LOL!
Glad Maggie is feeling better.
My vote is for you to drive. Pain I know. But considering that you have to fly and STILL rent a car to get around...what's the point? Just make sure you have a portable dvd player and the trip will go quick and easy. (except for the driver. LOL) Doug's family lives in Kentucky and we drive up there. Its actually not that bad. But flying is just as easy too. LOL! Just go enie menie miney mo. LMAO!
The kids will have a BLAST at Disney! I am excited for you all! I will wave to you when you get to Florida. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home