Saturday, November 11, 2006

Emma and Timmy hit NYC!!!

Yes, we surpised the kids yet again. It wasn't as big as Disney, but is was so much better than Dorothy the Dinosaur!!! The first part of the surprise was the train right which they loved!!! Especially because the train travels down the Hudson river and the sights are simply amazing. Can I just say that I truly live in a gorgeous part of this country!!! They saw West Point from the other side of the river that gave me a chance to explain to Emma why it was built at that section of the river. Do any of you know why West Point is where it is??

So as we traveled, I told them we were going to an island. People looked at me like I was crazy, but come on...Manhattan is an island people!

We got to Grand Central Station and the kids loved it. If you ever watched Madagasgar, then your children would love seeing the clock that the giraffe got his head stuck in. They loved the ceiling also. If you ever get to NYC make sure you got to GCS.

Then we were off to Radio City. It was a great walk. When we got there the crowd was quite big. The children loved looking at all the decorations when we got in to the theater.

The show was amazing. Their eyes were glued to the stage. We were in the 10 row from the stage...seriously good seats!! Santa arrived after the first act and walked down the aisle where we were and .....HUGGED TIMMY!!!! No pictures, because they request no flash photography once the show starts. I didn't want to be disrespectful to the actors and actresses. It was amazing. I LOVE living close to NYC!!!! There is so much to offer my children as they get bigger and yet still live far enough away were we are in the country!!!

We then saw the "World Famous Christmas Tree" begin set with a crane. Not exciting for the kids at all. Then down 5th Ave. to meet my cousin for lunch. Her office is so close to GCS that she walked us down and had a very quick bite to eat. Next time, I hope we are able to enjoy more of the city.

Here are some pictures of our day. I almost forgot to tell you...my mom and neice Danielle went with us. I had asked my mom because she loves the city and I knew would love to see the children experience the Christmas show!


Waiting at the train station. Unfortunately, just as a snapped a picture a train going in the other direction flew by casting this HUGE shadow!!

Timmy and Mommy on the train together!

Inside Radio City Music Hall.

Yes, not a good picture of the kids, but it is a good one of David.

This is how close we were to the stage...10 rows away!!!!!!

I love the expression on my niece's face!! The stage the orchestra is on began going below the main stage.

Our first glance at "THE TREE!!"

Here the crane was moving it into place. I am hoping to try and venture down with the kids once it is lit.

Timmy more interested in his light up Santa that Grammie bought him (Emma and Danielle also) at the show.

He was so very tired!!

A tall building (haha) go figure a tall building in NYC, but behind it you can see part of the Empire State building.

We were on a mission to get to 42nd and 5th Ave. to meet my cousin for a quick bite. Don't you love the two of them holding hands. They were not happy when we were in big crowds and they couldn't hold hands. And big crowds are almost all the time in the city!

Grabbing a bite in Grand Central Station.

All my boy wanted was a donut!

The kids very tired posing with cousin Kimmie.

Emma on the train stuffing pretzels in her mouth. Don't you love the way she was sitting!!

Timmy and Grammie sitting together.

There is little man talking to Grammie about everything he saw today!!

6 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what an adventure.. I love family adventures. Glad you all had that special day.

 
At 11/12/2006 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tracy, that looked like such a nice day! And no, I have no idea why West Point is located where it is (a piece of trivia that would be good for a school counselor to know!) :) And you look beautiful in that pic with Timmy. Seriously - you look so young!

 
At 11/13/2006 1:54 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

WOW!!! It looks like you had so much fun! The train ride looks awesome! I wish we had a train nearby that BJ could ride because he loves trains!

You look great, by the way! I love the picture of you and Timmy!!!

 
At 11/13/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11/13/2006 1:55 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

My comment posted twice, so I deleted the second one!!!

 
At 12/14/2006 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy, you look great! So good to see you in a picture!

The one place I passed up on my trip to NYC was GCS! Now, I'm bummed I missed it. Great pics of the famous tree too! When I went, it was all surrounded by scaffolding and hidden behind the big banner. How fortunate you are so close to the city!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home