Friday, November 17, 2006

Thanksgiving and swimming!!

Last Thursday Emma brought hom a oaktag turkey to be decorated as a family project. We decided that a princess turkey was the way to go. I made sure to get pictures before she took it to school. She said "turkeyyyyyy" before each picture.


Does she look surprised?? I don't really know what she was doing.


Her she is so proud of her turkey.


A close up of the Princess Turkey. Can yo see the glitter on her foot? Every princess needs a pretty shoe.

On Wednesday, Timmy had his Thanksgiving Dinner at school. He is now off until after Thanksgiving. I have his parent teacher conference on Monday morning at 7:30. I will report back after!!


Timmy waiting for his drink.


Waiting for everyone to get their food.


Playing with his Indian headband.

Since I showed you pictures of Timmy swimming I had to show you Emma. We changed instructors for her and it was the best move ever!! She is doing fabulous!!! Oh, and her parent teacher conference is later today. I will try to report back later.


Look at Emma holding her breath!!


Learning freestyle and reaching for the fish.


Reaching for the kick board.


Practicing holding her breath while the other children get a turn.


Holding her breath and reaching for the stairs.


The children waiting for their instructions.


Walking the wall to build strength and confidence. Emma is the second in from the right.


Climbing out of the pool. Elbow, elbow, knee, knee!!


She is waiting to jump in. Can you tell she is freezing? The pool was 87 but the kid has NO fat on her.


Finally jumping.


Jumping in from the sitting position.


Walking the wall back to the steps.


Swimming on her own to the wall. Such a proud moment for me!!


The instructor was supporting her neck but she is doing the rest.


Swimming back to the steps. She is doing AWESOME holding her breath under the water!!

3 Comments:

At 11/17/2006 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love all teh pictures Tracy. Emma's turkey is adorable. She sure seems proud of it. I love Timmy in his little hat. Your kids are doing great swimming.

 
At 11/17/2006 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I bow down before the queen of craftiness for that turkey. I'm horrified to even imagine what one of my kids would have turned up with.

I love Emma's swimsuit! Takes me right back to my early days of swimming.

 
At 12/14/2006 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty turkey! What a great idea!

So smart of you to put your kids in swimming early. I always said I would do that and have yet to get them in for classes. [sigh] Where does the time always disappear to?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home