Monday, July 16, 2007

6 Years Ago Today...

I became a MOM!! What a wonderful day in my life.

6 years ago today...

6 in the morning a phone call to the dr. on call because I was having contractions. She said wait until they are 5 minutes apart...they were 7.

6:15 my water breaks and we call the dr. back. She reluctantly says to go to the hospital.

7:15 Triage on L & D. Got all the monitors on and hear the fabulous sound of a little train as I called it. My little girls heart beat.

10:15 Dr. arrives. Different from the dr. that told me to come in. This dr. was my favorite so I was thrilled that she was on call. At this time she checked me and told me that I was 3 cm and at this point we don't do an epidural. I was having extreme back labor so I told to to give me whatever she could. she then reminded me of my birth plan and I told her "I don't care."

11:00 The magic man with the epidural came and made life a lot better.

2:45 Ready to push although clueless how to do that since I wasn't allowed to go to any of the classes due to strict bedrest from 24 weeks on.

Finally at 4:12 Emma arrived into the world and made David and myself parents!!


Here she is sleeping in her cradle that her Daddy made her in his wood shop. She always sleep with her hands together like she was praying.

Emma's birthday party one year later!

Here she is with a very big hat on.


This was Emma the day after. Her dad thought it would be fun to put a swim diaper on her head. She did look pretty cute.

Emma's second birthday! She got a sandbox from Grammie and Grandpa. There is Jake in the background. He was never far from Emma.


I made her a caterpiller cake.


Uncle Keith getting a hug from the birthday girl. He is her Godfather.

The second party with David side of the family. I had no energy to make a special cake. I was pregnant with Timmy at this time.


Opening one of her presents.


Happy 3rd Birthday!! It was a Shrek birthday.


Making a silly face at the camera. Can you tell it was a hot day outside?


I made Emma a scrapbook book titled "The ABC's of My Life"...she loved it!

Here she is turning 4. Do you see what I mean about Jake and his girl?!


If was a princess birthday. So of course we needed Sleeping Beauty shampoo and soap.


Cinderella cake with a Cinderella princess to blow out the candles.


Snow White looking marvelous!


No step sisters here, just a little brother to do all of the shores.


Turning 5 brought 2 parties. One with Grammie and Grandpa. This is her ice cream cake.


Then a party with her friends. She had a great time. My camera decided not to work too well for this party, but I did manage to get a few pictures.


It was a Chicken Little party.


And today she will have her 6th birthday party. I will be baking the cake and trying to make my house look a little presentable with all of the construction going on.

It is a special day for David and myself also. It was on Monday, July 16, 2001 that our lives changed and we became parents. What a journey it has been.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 7/16/2007 8:52 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Happy Birthday Emma!! A beautiful retrospective on her life so far, Tracy :-)

 
At 7/16/2007 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emma! I loved seeing all the pictures. What is the theme for party today?

My favorite picture was the one in green (matching hat and outfit). Just adorable.

 
At 7/16/2007 2:10 PM, Blogger Mommy Mo said...

Happy Birthday Emma! She is so cute, with all that blond hair. Or maybe it's brown?! Little did you know how much your life would change that wonderful day six years ago, huh?

 
At 7/17/2007 8:03 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Happy Birthday Emma

 
At 7/17/2007 11:42 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! What wonderful pictures, she's such a cutie!

And Tracy, you are so pretty!

 
At 7/18/2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Happy belated birthday Emma!! My, my, where do the years go? I know that's what your mommy was thinking all day Monday.

I can't wait to see the pictures from the 6th birthday bash!!! I loved all the birthdays leading up to it.

Big hugs to you and David, Tracy. You two have done an amazing job with both of your beautiful children (and your puppies too!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home