Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Renovations Step One

Well the laundry room is complete!!

Here it is in pictures!

Here is what the master bathroom used to look like.




So this is what the laundry room looked like before. More like a laundry closet at the end of my eating area for the kitchen. So my dirty laundry was on the floor if people stopped over out of the blue. Or my drying rack (see it on the side) would be there doing it's job and people would come and see the clothes drying. Or how about the folded clothes on the kitchen table. That is always fun. When we first bought the house, we thought it was great having the laundry room there. After many years, we have found it is not so great.



After some very hard work on my hubby's part and some painting on my part this is how it looks now!

New tile floor. There was nothing wrong with the old floor, except for the fact that there was no tile under the bathtub and we didn't have enough spare ones to fix the spot.



I now have a soaking sink.


We are reusing the vanity from the bathroom and just got a new counter for it. This is where I fold the laundry.


I love my new sorting hampers. It makes it so easy to see what load needs to be washed. Before I would have a pile of laundry, then sort it on the kitchen floor and find that I didn't have enough wash for a white load and then carry the clothes back upstairs.


Christy, we are using the kids bathroom. So instead of my palm trees and beachy feel, I have all yellow ducks around me! It is working fine. But I am sure it will grow old. We are adding on to the second floor of the house at the end where our bedroom is. We will be putting on a new master bathroom and an exercise room. The latter is very funny because we don't exercise, so it will probably be my craft room.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7/10/2007 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, until I read that you were including a new master bath in your addition, I was like "Wha? She would give up her bathroom for laundry? HUH?"

But now I understand.

And your laundry room is beautiful!!!

 
At 7/10/2007 2:36 PM, Blogger Mommy Mo said...

Love it! And you did it all by yourself? You go girl!!!!! Can you come down here and do some freelance work for us?!

 
At 7/10/2007 9:07 PM, Blogger Goodies for Mom said...

I so love the tiling, can your hubby come do mine??? Actually between your ring last year, the cruise and his renovation skills, can we just swap hubbys for a couple months. LOL!!

Lois

 
At 7/11/2007 5:11 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

I agree with Lois. I think you should start renting David out!

It looks wonderful and I'm so jealous!!! My laundry room is the extra closet in my bedroom. And it's not a big closet!! It sucks, but it's what we have to deal with for now.

Both of you did a wonderful job. And yes, I did laugh at the exercise room! I was thinking "what a waste of space!!!" A craft room is much better!

 
At 7/11/2007 5:14 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Also, I meant to comment on how big Finn is getting!!! Post some pictures of him and Maggie for me!

 
At 7/12/2007 9:44 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

This renovation looks great! It must be so nice to have this laundry room. Congrats:) We were thinking of turning our smallest bathroom into a laundray room....downside is we couldn't add on to eventually have another bathroom back. But you've made me reconsider

 
At 7/13/2007 11:51 PM, Blogger Beth said...

How beautiful! I love me a good home renovation and this one tops the list! Great job, David!

I'm with Tracey, initially I was very concerned about giving up the master bath, but now I understand and think you made a wise decision!

So what are you doing with the space where your laundry room used to be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home