Wednesday, June 27, 2007

10 years coming up...QUICKLY!!

Where does the time go?

On July 4th, my hubby and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. As many of you know, he gave me a new engagment ring last year to celebrate a little early. Because of that, I didn't expect anything this year.

In May he asked me if there was a weekend in June we could go away. I picked June 22nd - the 25th. Everything was a secret except the date. Being a SAHM you have dates for everything so really he needed to check with me.

At the beginning of last week he told me some things that I should pack. I didn't want to know where we were going be I did want to know the state. It had to be a state since we do not have passports (we will be looking into that in the coming months!) He told me FL and I was excited because all I wanted to do was lay on the beach.

On Friday we got on the plane headed for Orlando International. Once there we got our luggage and then we found a taxi which I thought was strange because he always rents a car. He found out that the taxi would be over $100 to get us where we needed to go (which at this point I still had no idea). He turned and said we needed to find another way. With that I bit my lip because I was tired of not knowing anything. His words "Oh don't bite your lip! We need to go back to the cruise guy." Me "Why?!" Him..."I am taking you on a cruise!" Me still confused and not really processing everything just followed him.

So we went on a Royal Caribbean cruise to the Bahamas and an island that they own. We stayed in a junior suite with a balcony! It was wonderful!!! We have never been on a cruise before so this was our test drive to see if we would like it and if we would want to bring the children. Well all of it is a total YES! The kids would love it. I loved it. There was food all the time. I ate two separate lunches and dinners, piggy I know, but it was an expensive trip so I had to get my money's worth! Oh and breakfast, yes, I filled my plate twice. The food was soooo goooood!!

This is the first night out from our balcony!!!

Another shot from my balcony when we hit Nassua, Bahamas!

This is our ship anchored next to CocoCay, Royal Caribbean's island.

Here is the view from my lounge chair. Although, I was only in the chair for abut 15 minutes. We went snorkeling and then I rented a float and floated in the water that you are looking at. It was simply AMAZING!!!

Oh, we got professional pictures taken on the ship after our formal dinner. They came out great. Our scanner isn't hooked up, but I will try to take a picture of the picture!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6/27/2007 2:47 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Oh how I wish I had the "surprise" kind of husband. He always tells me what other guys did but can't seem to organize his own efforts. But hey, at least he wants to make sure I like whatever it is he does, and that's something.

Your cruise sounds wonderful (of course right now two days pretty much ANYWHERE without the children sounds almost as good). Thanks for the pretty pictures. They remind me of our honeymoon in Jamaica oh so long ago! ;0)

 
At 6/27/2007 9:25 PM, Blogger Mommy Mo said...

HI Tracey. I'm visiting from Chrsity's bog. I love the pictures- they are so beautiful. Your hubby is so awesome for setting that up for you. But you deserve it, I'm sure!!!! I went to Nassau, Bahamas a few years ago with two girlfriends and we had an absolute blast. Lisa

 
At 6/28/2007 11:50 AM, Blogger Jenny Scott said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Andrew and I have become addicted to cruising. We've come to think it is our best way to go. He can't handle staying in one place too long,so cruising gives us the ability to keep our stuff in one spot and visit more than one place--the best of both worlds for us. We're heading on cruise #3 in Aug with our good friends and our daughter.

What a wonderful surprise! Happy 10th anniversary!

 
At 6/28/2007 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How freaking awesome!! GO DAVID!

I'm so happy for you. And you were jealous of my girls' weekend... :)

Looks absolutely gorgeous. Remember that beach when the kids are driving you crazy in the classroom in the fall, lol.

 
At 7/03/2007 2:46 PM, Blogger Beth said...

What a wonderful surprise trip! We traveled on Royal Caribbean last year and totally loved it!
The pictures are amazing.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

 
At 7/04/2007 11:54 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Can you get David to give Brian a call? Seriously. That's so awesome that he surprised you with a cruise!! How did you manage with the items he told you to pack? How long was the cruise?

We spent a week on Paradise Island (Atlantis) with Brian's parents about 5 years ago and it was AMAZING. BEAUTIFUL. And more!!!

Happy anniversary TODAY girl. I hope you have many more and I can't wait to hear how David out does himself on the big anniversaries to come :)

Love you!!!!!!!

 
At 7/10/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Goodies for Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a super treat

Lois

 

Post a Comment

<< Home