Monday, November 20, 2006

Toying with going back to work

Am I crazy or just at a lull in my life that I need something to do or am I beginning my winter depression...I don't know.

The last couple of weeks I have found myself longing for my old pre-k position. I actually went down to the basement to look for something for Emma in my teaching closet. While I was there I came across my evaluations. I read each one I found and remembered the lesson or activity that was taking place at the time. I MISS that. Emma is in school so really doesn't need me home during the day. Timmy on the other hand only goes to school 3 mornings a week so there is the dilemma.

What would I do or should I say what am I thinking about...possibly getting a montessori certificate and teach at Timmy school. That would solve the problem of what to do with Timmy. Another thought was to open my own preschool in my district. This would also help me with Timmy and also help me with getting Emma on and off the school bus. With that option comes a lot of liability and THAT scares me. Although I know that I would do an awesome job. The one thing about me I am confident in is my ability to teach pre-k. The years I taught pre-k, those children were so well prepared for kindergarten, they excelled when they were labeled "likely to fail".

So what do I do? Do I work for someone else and in essence take the easy way out. Or do I step up to the plate and put it all on the line and open my own school. I know David would support either one, I just want to make sure whatever it is...I am successful!

4 Comments:

At 11/21/2006 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...are you taking crazy lessons from me? :) No, seriously, I have no doubt that you are AWESOME as a pre-k teacher (I wish my kids could have you!) and I love your ideas. Maybe go to Timmy's school for a year or two, refresh your skills, get some recent experience to look good for parents (and keep a close eye on Timmy to boot) and then open your own place when he goes to kindergarten or 1st grade?

 
At 11/28/2006 11:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say the same thing as Tracey! Exactly!

I think opening your own pre-school is a great idea! And I have no doubt that you'd be wonderful at it! If there's not one in your area, you would no doubt be very successful too.

Keep us posted on your thoughts!! I can't wait to see what you decide to do.

 
At 12/03/2006 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do anything you put your mind to. if your feeling the draw to go back to work ..don't find it. Your an amazing woman who does amazing things.

 
At 12/14/2006 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How amazing if you could open a preschool in your area! I think you would do a fantastic job! As far as the liability, you would have licensing and insurance to help you deal with any potential legal situations.

I know whatever you decide, you'll be great at it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home