Friday, January 12, 2007

Gingerbread houses are so sweet!

I went into Emma's class one Friday and helped them make gingerbread houses. Her teacher has a house left over with candy, so she gave it to us. We decided it would be fun to decorate it together. I also had one of the premade houses from the store that you just have to put together and decorate so we did that one also.

Here they are working on the first house. Timmy is concentrating very hard while Emma supervises.


Notice Timmy is still working while Emma is licking the frosting.


Timmy looking for a place for the candy and Emma (although it seems like she is looking) is watching me to see if she can sneak more candy.


Ah Yes! The boy has icing on his finger and wants me to get it off. We can't be messy can we? Emma although she doesn't look thrilled is really enjoying all the candy and sweets since I limit them.


Can you tell who took over this side? As you can see, I don't bother with the piping because I want the kids to get into it and do most of it themselves. So we just frost the heck out of the house and then they have at it.


Almost done!


Just putting the finishing touches on their masterpiece.


And the 2 gingerbread houses!! Timmy was yelling "Lightening McQueen" Go figure!


Don't miss the other 4 posts that I finally did. I will be back later to try and wrap up December. Thanks for hanging in there.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/13/2007 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never done a gingerbread house (just seemed too crafty and too much work for me!) but I know my kids would LOVE to do one. Maybe next year when Lucy is older I will attempt it. Cute pics!

 
At 1/13/2007 11:40 AM, Blogger Penny said...

Oh Tracey is not that hard.. it easy..

Tracy I LOVE LOVE LOVE the kids gingerbread house.

You look great by the way

 
At 1/17/2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

We will most definitely being doing a gingerbread house for Christmas this year!! It looks like so much fun and I KNOW BJ would enjoy eating the candy, um I mean decorating with it!!

Great pictures!

 
At 1/18/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger mommy3 said...

What a great idea to COMPLETELY frost the entire house. Micah wanted ours to look exactly like the cover picture LOL. Next time I'll have to be more liberal with the frosting! Have you tried pointed ice cream cones as Christmas trees? I saw that somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home