Friday, January 12, 2007

Not your Grandma's Decorations

When I was in Middle School, I had this art teacher who was so enthusiastic about art. I mean it was like art oozed from his veins. Years ago (possibly 20) he started making decorations for his yard for the holiday season. Well over the years his decorations have grown and grown. The decorations span over 2 of his neighbors' yards. They even bought him a huge utility shed to store everything and he is still running out of room.

Each year we try to bring the chlidren. Last year we missed it, but not this year. The decorations are lit starting the day after Thanksgiving until 2 days after Christmas from 5 to 9:30. There is Christmas music playing and the teacher and his wife hand out candy canes with Santa hats. As you drive to their house, you come up over a hill and see this...


This picture doesn't do it justice!! It is serious business. Below are a close up of some of our favorites...


One of his new ones!


Cars...major favorite and also new.





Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 7:57 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Kick A$$ decorations!! He is truly an artist! I cannot believe how good they look and I would make sure to take BJ if we had something that spectacular nearby.

 
At 1/18/2007 6:35 PM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Wow! What a fabulous yard! My MIL loves painted vignettes like this. I don't think I've ever seen such a wonderful display.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home