Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

This is my second book from the Spring Reading Thing. I started it on a Friday in the airport and finished it by the pool on the following Wednesday afternoon. I am so happy that I finally took the time to read this. Thank you Donna for sending it to me. I will be passing it along to other who want to dive into this book.

How would I sum this book up - A moving story of complex family dynamics. The book is written from all different perspectives. You quickly learn that Anna was born to be a donor to save her sister Kate from a rare form of leukemia. But her role doesn't end there. Through her 13 years she needs to give more and more of herself so her sister can continue to live. Her parents make some difficult decisions and lose themselves along the way. A lawyer gets involved and brings a whole different perspective to the situation along with his own surprises.

Sometimes family take each other for granted and sometimes people lose there way. In this book it is about a family trying to help each other. I found myself feeling for each of these characters and what they were going through.

The ending was not what I expected, but I understood why Picoult did it. I highly recommend this book. I used to fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I met some wonderful people who I know call my friends.

5 Comments:

At 4/17/2007 3:47 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Sounds good - I'd like to read that one!
Good review.

 
At 4/17/2007 6:46 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

this was my first picoult book and is still my favourite...
by the way your blog title is very amusing :)

 
At 4/18/2007 2:21 PM, Blogger Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

I read this book some time ago (it was my first Jodi Picoult book) and it really hooked me. I'm glad you liked it!

I like your blog title, too. :)

 
At 4/18/2007 8:14 PM, Blogger CeeCee said...

Your title is funny! I'm glad to read another favorable review. I just picked up 3 of Picoult's books yesterday at Borders' buy 2 Picoult's get 1 free.

 
At 5/02/2007 2:59 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Great review, Tracy! I feel the same way as you do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home