Thursday, January 19, 2006

One of those days

Well actually it is more like 2 days. How is it that your day is going great and then BOOM! there it goes.

Yesterday, it was raining and extremely windy. I think the gusts were 60 mph. A tractor trailor blew over on the bridge and stopped traffic for over 2 hours while they uprighted it. No one was seriously hurt. Well, I loaded the kids into the van and off we went to bring Emma to school and then Timmy to his 2 year check up. At the end of our road, I needed to put the windows down to see, due to the fog on them. So on we go until we hit the end of the next road to get on to the highway. Again, the windows down to see and on to the road I go. Then I hit the button to put the windows up and nothing happened. Emma starts yelling "Aaahhhhh, I'm getting wet, hurry hurry!" Then Timmy joins in. I am frantic in my brain thinking "what the heck happened? Did I just break something? I can't keep driving in the pouring rain like this?" I got my mind calmed and looked at the buttons. I was pushing the kids windows down and they were getting hit with the rain. Yes, go ahead and laugh! So now we are going down the highway with all 4 windows down in the pouring rain with the wind gusts. Oh my!

The fun continued with many little things. While cooking bacon for stew, grease hit me in the corner of my eye. I'm alright but give me a break! Then back out to get Emma. You know your luck is bad when a downpour comes just when you get to school to pick her up. So we were drenched, but we didn't melt. While backing into the garage, I saw Timmy falling asleep so I started talking to him to keep him awake. While doing that, I noticed the van was a little close to the side of the garage. After correcting the problem, I thought, I found I did not. The van was now STUCK! I couldn't move it forward or back. You could slid a piece of paper between the garage and the side of the van. So there I sat thinking "CRAP now what!!" So I call David and explain the problem. I then rescue Emma from Timmy's side because hers is too close to the wall to open the door. The van is now half in and half out of the garage. Not my day! Oh, and Timmy's appointment was canceled due to a power outage. They called me, but I was already bringing Emma to school.

David came home early and rescued the van without a scratch! Thank Goodness!! The stew was not my favorite but we ate it.

Now today...I found out Timmy qualified for OT, but that is a post for another time. And somehow, my computer lost all of my bookmarks. How depressing is that? Oh, well! No need to declutter that part of my life, it was done for me!

My fingers are crossed for a better day tomorrow! I need to go finish watching Dancing with the Stars! I wish I could dance like them!

4 Comments:

At 1/19/2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

What a crazy day! I can totally imagine you with the van stuck half way in the garage. I think I would have abandoned it too and waited for hubby!!

Hope your eye is feeling better and you enjoy your show!!

Christy

 
At 1/19/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

OH WOW! Did a black cat cross your path? Did you step under a ladder?? Is it Friday the 13th and I didn't know it??
Wow girl that is one long string of bad luck!! At least it was all "little" bad luck.

 
At 1/20/2006 12:03 PM, Blogger Beth said...

What a yucky day! The worst part for me was the grease in your eye! OW OW OW OW OW!!
I hope today is 1000 times better!

 
At 1/20/2006 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I know it was annoying when it happened, but I couldn't help giggling about getting the van stuck. I could so see me doing something like that. Only instead of waiting until Rich could fix it, I would insist on trying and scratch the car.

And I could be an annoying vegan and say that if you weren't frying bacon, you wouldn't have gotten grease in your eye. But that would be annoying. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home