Monday, June 12, 2006

The tough question - WHY?

Why is it that innocent, beautiful little children get cancer? Why is it that parents that do everything right and have such a strong faith lose one of their children? Why does a child have to suffer? Why do 3 brothers now have to mourn one?

I am so sad today. A little boy named Jacob passed away last night. WHY? Because he had the beast named cancer living inside of him. But I will not remember Jacob because of his cancer. I will remember Jacob as a little boy who knew how to fight. A little boy who blessed his family for 6 years with a huge smile and an even bigger heart. A little boy who could light up a room.

Here is the bigger question that many that don't know Jacob would probably ask...Why is he so loved by so many far and wide? The answer, Jacob made us all believe in miracles. Yes, Jacob did pass away and some might say he lost his battle. Others say that Jacob has accompished what he was sent to Earth to do. Make the non believers believe again and build on the believers beliefs. Jacob was on the edge of the cliff so many times in his short life and so many times this little man has bounced back. When I say bounced back, I mean he was in the hospital one week with drs. watching him closely to the next week running and playing with his brothers. This little boy was amazing!!

His family has taught me to FROG. What is that Fully Rely On God. I have never met this family, but they have a place in my heart. As for Jacob, he has made an imprint on my heart right by Jake's. I know that Jake will greet Jacob and they will play together and be great friends.

Please take a minute to offer your prayers or thoughts for this family. They are hurting more than any family should ever hurt.

1 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Sara T said...

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS sweetie! I totally feel your pain. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home