Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thank You

Thank you all so much for your support. I don't think I realized it would hurt this much. My eyes are still stinging and all of a sudden I am taken over with grief. I hate going to bed and I hate coming downstairs. Right now life sucks! On the positive side, I am blessed with 2 healthy children, one sad but loving hound dog and the best husband anyone could ask for. He brought me flowers last night along with a flower for each of the kids. Also, the support has been amazing. My friend Christy made a donation in Jake's name to Cornell for research on hip dysplasia. Christy, that meant so much to me and David. It really got to him. Lara and Penny, waking up to your ecards just showed me more love. All of the comments from everyone, I truly feel your love.

I miss Jake so much. A part of me wants to run out and get another Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. I told David that and he said he wouldn't fight me, but that is not the right thing to do. I need to grieve for him, not be distracted. Besides, Timmy and a new puppy, I am sad but I haven't lost my mind. In time, I am sure I will be on here showing you a new puppy. Now that I have had 2, I'm not sure I can just have one. Besides Maggie is very depressed.

Again, thank you all. You all mean so much to me. I will be out of it for awhile trying to learn to live with a quieter house. This weekend we will be planting a tree for Jake next to the kids playset. He loved them so much we thought that would be perfect.

2 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 12:22 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Tracy, I have thought about you all day long. I hope you feel the love vibes we are sending you. I love the tree idea! What a great tribute!

 
At 5/23/2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Tracy, I'm so glad that I could honor Jake in a small way. I really feel your pain and know that one day I will feel a loss similar to yours. Dogs and cats just can't live forever. It doesn't seem fair that they have such a short life, really.

One of my cats has hip displasia too. We found out when he had liver disease and almost died about 7 years ago. I was willing to go to the ends of the earth to find out what was wrong with him and make him better. He was in ICU for 8 days and had to be fed through a tube inserted through his neck into his esophagus for 8 weeks. It was not fun or pretty, but he's still with us today because we did what we had to do. Brian and I joked at the time that if we could deal with that and all the feedings through the night, we would be pros when it came to kids ;)

I really hope when the time is right, you do get another Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. I think all of you (including poor Maggie) would truly benefit. Having a new puppy would bring back all of the wonderful memories you have of Jake.

Take care, and let me know if you need anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home