Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Little Set Back

I was on the phone with my girlfriend about an hour ago. We were talking about the park we just left, that I forgot to pack dog food in the camper for Maggie, and that I stil haven't heard from the vet about Jake's ashes. We talked about how I would be with the call and I knew that I would be fine. Right after that conversation, I got a beep and saw it was Flannery. I told Lynnell I would talk to her later or tomorrow and took the call. The woman on the other side said, "Hi, It's Leslie from Flannery's." I immediately said, "Hi, I know why you are calling." Her reaction, "I'm so sorry." Those 3 words made me lose it. He is gone and now all I have are ashes. How did this happen? So I immediately called David to tell him, since I knew I would cry tellig him and he wasn't there. So I called Lynnell back and told her I totally didn't handle it the way I thought. We both cried and then changed the subject and she made me laugh. Thank God for good friends. I still have to tell David and that is going to be hard. It is closure although we still need the urn and a couple of other things to give him a permenant spot in this house since he already has our hearts.

Thanks guys for everything. It will all be good. Just a part of the grieving process.

2 Comments:

At 5/26/2006 7:48 AM, Blogger Penny said...

Oh Tracy I wish I could give you a big hug. :(

 
At 5/26/2006 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy - I know I haven't posted that much to you about this, but I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts. I'm so sad you are hurting. There's really nothing I can say to make it better for you (isn't that so frustrating as a friend?) but I am thinking of you and hoping that times gives you peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home