Wednesday, January 17, 2007

When will it get easier?

I have been having a difficult time lately. Grief has grabbed ahold of me again and I just can't shake it. I miss my dog. Actually it is more like I. MISS. MY. DOG. Do you hear me God?

I am not sure why at this point it is so very hard for me, but it is. I just find myself consumed with grief at moments. It just hits me out of the blue. For the past 7 days, I have cried at least 4 of them. Of course, it wasn't for the whole day, but 30 minutes out of my day I felt his loss so deeply.

He was MY boy. He was MY buddy. He loved ME unconditionally.

I know that Maggie misses him just as much. I can see it in her lately. She just seems so sad. A lot of it is probably because she can sense it in me.

Here are a few pictures of my best friend...

The Santa suit that was an XL but apparently, Jake is bigger than an XL!


Yes, that is David sharing the end of the recliner with Jake. Do you think this dog was loved?


AH, he gets the recliner to himself. Who is the master here?


Jake's gentle ways would melt anyone's heart. He could be trusted with any child or baby for that matter.


Jake with his new sister, Maggie. I was so worried about his nose being bent when I brought her home. Their friendship was heaven sent. They loved each other so much.

I sometimes wonder if all of this would have been easier if he went on his own without my help. Don't worry, I know this is just a rough spot right now and time has made everything easier.

He is always in my heart.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 1:12 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Oh Tracy I am so sorry.

Grief is a complex emotion. 9 years after my fathers death I can still end up in tears at times.

I believe when you love someone very strongly that loss will stay will you. the edges will smooth out a bit but it will still hurt.

YOU LOVED JAKE. In the end that is all that matters.

 
At 1/17/2007 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Tracy. Nearly 5 years later we still reminisce from time to time about what a great cat Karma was (disappeared, presumably killed by coyotes in the area) and I wasn't nearly as attached to her as you are to Jake. Hugs.

And that is the best pic ever of Jake in the recliner and David on the floor!

 
At 1/17/2007 8:01 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Oh Tracy, I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. I know how it feels to love a dog so much (and a cat too!).

You will always probably feel a huge hole in your heart. Over time it will get easier, but right now the grief is still so fresh.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I LOVE all of the pictures too! Jake was a big boy and I'm surprise that the recliner foot rest would hold him up! And the picture of David sitting on the floor while Jake chills in the recliner is so sweet.

I hope things get easier for you soon. You did everything you could, which was alot more than most peole would do, for Jake. He knows you loved him.

 
At 1/18/2007 6:29 PM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Tracy, I'm so sorry you've been hit with grief over Jake lately :( Seeing all your wonderful pictures made me miss our dogs and even get teary eyed. I know you all must miss him so much.

 
At 1/29/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hi Tracy,
I just wanted to check in with you. The pictures of your dog are so precious, I bet you do miss him so much, the pictures really represent that he was truly a member of the family.
I hope you're all doing well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home