Tuesday, March 06, 2007

That's the way my life is going.

Where do I begin...

A couple of weeks ago Emma had an earache which came on out of the blue. We got a drs. appt. about an hour after she first complained and were quickly on meds. On the way home from CVS she fell asleep. It's only a 5 minute drive. This was not a good indication of what was to come. Once home she got her meds and vegged out on the couch with David. About an hour later it happened. I hear David yell, "Oh God!" I ran from the kitchen to find him covered, the couch covered and Emma as white as a ghost. You guessed it, she threw up everywhere.

Here is what she looked like about an hour later.



And a close up...

The poor little thing then started spiking fevers ever day close to 103 when I caught them and they were still on there way up. She didn't fight me on taking naps. She hasn't taken a nap since March 2004, so this was a sure sign the girl was really sick. I am just so glad that it was Presidents Weekend and 2 snow days. If not for that, she would have missed a lot of school. This all lasted 6 days!

Fast forward to last Tuesday when I picked Timmy up from school. They said he took a nap and slept for awhile. Which surprised me because he looked exhausted. When we were driving home, he begged me to get home quick because he wanted to go to sleep. He also complained that his ear was bothering him. I gave him some meds and got him to bed. The next morning we were awaken by Emma crying that her ear hurt. I quickly put numbing drops in her ear and sent her back to bed. Later that morning I got an appt. with the dr. to get both kids in. Everyone checked out ok. So I dropped Emma off at school and brought Timmy home with me.
Here is where it gets interesting. The boy fell asleep on me for 2 1/2 hours and woke with a temp of 102.8!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!! For the next day and a half he had a fever on and off, was like a wet rag, pale as a ghost, and had the chills. I called the dr. and told her what was going on. Since she just saw him in the office 2 days ago, she dx him as having the flu. So for the past week, I have been trying to nurse Timmy back to health.

Here is a picture I got of him...




Not that all this wasn't enough...David got hurt Sunday morning. Here is the story...I hope you are ready for this.

He went out to get the paper and while walking to the mailbox he slipped on black ice. Yes, my hubby fell on his butt and laid there yelling for me. Now that we seem like the thing to do if you are hurt, but I was inside the house working in the office. He was laying on the blacktop with a short sleeve shirt on the ice ...he needed to take action. So he flipped to his stomach and crawled to lamp post and pulled himself up. He them hopped up the sidewalk. Yes, up. For those of you that don't know what our sidewalk looks like it is uphill! Once inside, he called to me "Tracy, I need your help. I hurt myself." I found him slumped over the banister in pain. At first I thought it was his back, but quickly found that it was his ankle. I instantly thought of my friend Lara and what she went through with her ankle.

He requested to go to the hospital right away. I called and finally got my brother to come and sit with the kids. Emma found blood and asked what it was from. He had cut his finger and we didn't even no it. Not a big deal though. So off to the hospital we went.

I pulled up the door and ran in to get a wheelchair. He couldn't walk at all. I came out and got him in and then tried to push him. Not an easy task if you have ever seen how big he is. Once in the ER, I left to park the van. When I returned he was in the same spot at the front desk. No one had moved him. So I got him over to the waiting room. Next the triage nurse called up. Thinking she would help...nope!! After being with her for 5 minutes, we were dismissed to the other waiting room. Oh, and I got to push him again!

After waiting an hour to get in..they did x-rays immediately and then we waited in a little cubicle next to a poor woman who was suicidal. This poor woman waited as long as we did. So David is laying on the bed with his sock off, foot, ankle, and lower leg swollen when the dr. walks in and introduces himself. and then say "So you are here for a cough?" WTH??? Was he serious? YES!!!! After clearing that up, he was off to check the x-rays that were waiting. He came back 45 minutes later to tell us that nothing was fractured but there was soft tissue damage. Great! Nothing he could do for us with that except prescribe vicodin. We leave the ER with x-rays (for the second opinion) and a script for vicodin. But here is the kicker...he didn't write David's name on the script so I did. Then at CVS we found out he didn't write the number to dispence. WTF???

So now, I am nursing the hubby back to health also. The second opinion doc told us that he pulled ligaments and physical therapy would help when he is able to bare weight on it.

Oh and here are some pictures...



These were from yesterday. It looks so much worse today!!

If you made it this far...thanks for stopping by!! Send some healing thoughts our way. Mommy really needs some rest!

5 Comments:

At 3/06/2007 10:10 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Wow Tracy looks like your weekend sucked. :( I hope everyone is 100% soon

 
At 3/07/2007 6:09 PM, Blogger Lara said...

OMG - Poor David... Please let him know he has my complete sympathies! I hope the kids are finally on the mend and that you don't come down with any of it yourself. Take some good vitamins! Tell David to definitely get the PT when he can put weight on it. It can make all the difference in a speedy recovery :-)

 
At 3/08/2007 5:00 PM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Oh Tracy, so sorry your family has been hit with so much lately. The scene of faces buried in bowls is similar to our house this week. Big Brother has missed his third day of school.

I agree with Lara on the PT. I never went after I rolled my ankle (thought I could take care of it myself) and I have regretted it ever since. Hope you get some rest soon!

 
At 3/09/2007 10:28 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

POOR DAVID. What freaking nightmare. I have this mental picture of him trying to get up the sidewalk and I feel so bad for him.

I did something similar to my ankle when we were in Reno 5 years ago for vacation.

I fell on an uneven, cobblestone pathway in front of our hotel and had to be carried in by Brian and the bell boy. We were actually heading to the airport that day which was a nightmare. We used wheelchairs too. I didn't go the doctor for 2 days because I thought I'd just twisted it, but found out, when I finally hit the ER, that I'd torn ligaments too.

Did they talk about putting David in a cast? I was in a hard cast for 3 weeks (and on crutches), and then a walking cast for 6 weeks, and then a brace for 4 more weeks. I didn't do PT, but I wish I had. To this day, my ankle is still swollen and a little stiff at certain angles.

Hope all the kiddos are getting better too. Talk about a rough couple of weeks for poor Mommy :) Big hugs to you Tracy.

And good luck tonight :) I'll be thinking of you all day :)

 
At 3/09/2007 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UGH! Lord. Sending out healthy healing vibes to the Feeney household. And good puppy vibes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home