Saturday, September 15, 2007

I am still here

It has been a long time and really it should be longer, but Christy begged me to blog. How do you say no to a pregnant girl?!

Life is BUSY!! But everything is going very well. I have 19 sweet kindergarteners. I met all of the parents the 2 times within the first week. I think that connection being so early was a wonderful experience for all of us. I go in at 7:30 and usually get home at 5:15. Remember I live exactly 3 minutes from the school, so yes I am spending a lot of time there.

The renovations/addition on the house is moving along. It is taking longer than I expected though. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will take some within the next couple of days.

September is a rough month for me. There is a lot due at school and many meeting I have to get used to. Next week I have something after school every night. One day I will be at school for a little over 12 hours.

The kids are doing great. Emma's teacher didn't hand out homework this week which upset Emma, so the teacher made sure that Emma had her own homework to work on. Yes, my daughter requests homework from teachers.

Timmy is doing well. He has some adjusting to do, but all will be fine. He started his new preschool and also started with a new speech teacher.

I started classes with Finn again. We are working toward his Canine Good Citizen Award. Right now, we have a lot of work.

That is it in a brief nutshell. I miss chatting with my friends, but I know everything will settle down soon.

Thanks for checking in!

4 Comments:

At 9/15/2007 10:06 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Finally! I have been waiting on pins and needles to find out how school was going for you! Glad to hear all is well and that you are busy. Can't wait to see pictures of the house! That's so funny about Emma and the homework. Glad to hear she's doing well. Alex just told me that he is the highest level reader in his class. I am so proud!

 
At 9/16/2007 12:41 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Wow so glad you posted :) missed you so much.

glad to hear school is going well. Sam enjoys K but we had to supplement it (its just 2.5 hours) with an after school program which he LOVES.

Funny about Emma getting mad about no home work silly girl.

 
At 9/17/2007 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking in! I know how crazy that "first" year of teaching is (I know it's not technically your first year, but as far as creating lesson plans, I imagine you're pretty much back to square one). Don't be a stranger. :)

 
At 9/24/2007 11:32 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Oh, it's so good to hear from you!! BJ and I have been out of town and I'm finally getting caught up on emails/blogs. So glad to hear that it's going well. I miss you too and we need to try and chat or at least email more ofter. Easier said than done though sometimes with everything going on in our lives, I know.

I do miss you and think about you all the time!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear the kids and Finn are doing good. I really can't wait to see pictures of the house!!! I love home improvement, just not at my house :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home