Sunday, October 07, 2007

What have I been up to?

Well, I don't really have the amount of time ti takes to give you an in depth break down of everything but I will tell you briefly.

The renovations/addition on the house is moving along. Of course, not fast enough for me because I wanted it done by the beginning of Sept. That was not going to happen since the big part of it only started on Aug. 10.

Here is the before:



Here is the after:
This was taken before the roof was put on yesterday. The second floor that doesn't have a window is our new master bathroom. It will have a window, just not cut in yet.
The view of our back (taken from the side).
The view of the back. That new big part is the great room.


Yes, I know it looks like it is on steriods now!

David started the plumbing of the new master bath, and we just ordered the vanity, countertop, and tile. The roof of the existing house was ripped off yesterday and a new roof was put on the whole house. The front porch just needs the railing up and that will be complete, with the exception of my new front door that hasn't been picked out yet. And the stone work where the front porch is will take some time since David will be doing that also. I am tired of construction, but seriously, it could be a whole lot worse!

If you haven't seen this picture, take a look: Before
After! Yes, he is smiling!! He was so excited that his leg was broken. Probably because that is the first thing he said when I picked him up off the ground.


Timmy broke his shin bone while we were camping on Sept 22. We were trick or treating and when he started to walk to another camper he tripped over his father's foot and fell. We instantly new something was wrong. I brought him back to the camper and took him out of his outfit. It took awhile to calm him down. The next day we called the ped. and she said he needed an x-ray, but since it was Sunday, if we could keep him on bedrest to wait until Monday. Bedrest was not a problem, the boy was in pain. He was living on Motrin and not walking. So Monday we went to our orthropedic's office and found out it was a broken shin bone. He is now sporting the orange cast. It took us a week to get him walking in his walking cast. It was a week of my mother and David taking off from work, since it was my busiest week working.

Speaking of work, it is going very well. I am busy all the time and I have a lot to relearn, but it is good. I will report more on this at a later date.

Emma loves 1st grade! She is in an advanced reading class. The reading teacher pulls her and 3 other students out to do excellerated reading with them. She loves having me teach in her school and wants me to mve when she goes to a different school for 3rd grade. I explained to her that I hoped to be in this school for a very long time!

3 Comments:

At 10/07/2007 11:52 PM, Blogger Beth said...

WHAT AN UPDATE! Poor Timmy, oh my goodness, how long does he have to wear the cast for?

They kids look great! Anna and Noah were Bob the Builder and Belle last year, how funny!

THE HOUSE - WOW WOW WOW!! Amazing, I can't wait to see further updates, I hope the renovations go quickly for you!

 
At 10/19/2007 1:46 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

I just left a long comment. . .

Blogger sucks.

Glad to hear from you! The house looks amazing and I hope Timmy's doing better.

Glad Emma's doing so well and that school is good for you too.

I promise to check back soon!! I can't wait to see new pictures.

Miss you!!!

 
At 10/22/2007 11:09 AM, Blogger Lara said...

The house looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product... you too, I bet! Sorry to hear about Timmy and hope he's feeling better. Awesome for Emma and her reading. Alex is the top reader in his class and we are SO proud of him. I think he's reading better than some of the 2nd graders.... How's Finn? Coco is starting CGC tomorrow! Glad to hear work is going well for you! I just finished real estate school last week and am taking my test on the 2nd. I've been dragging my heels on it a bit. I think deep down, I don't really want to go back to working. This is supposed to be a compromise, not a "real job" LOL

I'm working on starting a new family blog. I'll let you know if I actually get that going!

XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home