Saturday, January 21, 2006

Maggie is at the vets getting an ultrasound. Let's hope that she doesn't not have anything serious and just stones that she can take medicine for. I am praying no surgery for her.

So last week after taking a bath, Emma said what are these (while grabbing her nipples). David turned to me and goes "Well?" So I explained that they are called nipples and everyone has them. Mommy and Daddy do. Timmy, even Maggie and Jake have them. So she said "oh!" and that was it.

Last night my parents were here for dinner. After dinner Emma was drawing on her magnadoodle, which she loves. She drew a picture of me with a belly button and wrote MOMMY. Then she drew a picture of Grandpa with a belly button and nipples. Well my mother burst out laughing. Then Emma ran in the other room to show dad and Granpa. Oh my, what will be next? I think I am afraid to find out.

The interesting part of parenting is just ahead of me, I can tell. Let's hope that her pictures in preschool don't include any nipples.

Poor Timmy. I took him to the dr. today and he is on 3 different medicines. Will this child ever catch a break? The dr. said no. She said, "Well he isn't bubble boy, but his immune system is very diffient." It just makes me so sad that there isn't a darn thing I can do to make him better. I would gladly be sick everyday, if he could just have a normal immune system.

It's a big week for me. Thanks, Jenn for the early card. It made me smile!! I find myself wanting to make some big changes in the way I live my life. I want it to be so much better than it is. I have been working on decluttering my house this month! What a great feeling that is. I am trying to be more positive and understanding of were people are coming from. Actually, I think I have been working on this for 2 years now. This year is my year!!

I have a wonderful husband, two amazing children and the life that so many people would love to have. I am so blessed!

3 Comments:

At 1/21/2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Oh, no! I hope Maggie's feeling better soon and doesn't need surgery. Poor doggie.

BJ is obsessed with his nipples. It cracks me up. Sometimes he'll walk around the house with his hand in his shirt feeling them.

Emma is so funny drawing Granpa with nipples too! I'm sure he was quite surprised!!

 
At 1/22/2006 11:48 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I hope Maggie is okay! Please keep us posted.

I love your story about Emma, she's quite hilarious! And I hope Timmy catches a break soon, poor little guy. How can someone soooo cute, keep getting sick? It's just not fair.

Enjoy your Birthday week, girl! I hope it's your best one yet!

 
At 1/23/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

ummm.....can you say HILARIOUS!!!
hahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahaha!!!
That is just way too funny. LOL!

I am sorry Timmy is sick. :( I am thinking of him and you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home