Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Reading Thing 2007

Updated with 2 new books!!!


What am I thinking. I don't have time for anything, but I will make time to read. It has been a long time since I picked up a book and read it cover to cover. Very, very sad.

This list is (hopefully) just the beginning of me getting back to reading thanks to Katrina at Caterpillar Days.


This is the list of books I would like to get to, but I am only committing to reading 2 books. If I get more done then I am ahead of the game. With a new puppy to train and bring to puppy kindergarten along with my 2 children (and husband) 2 books will be hard enough to get through. But I will commit to all 3 chapter books with my daughter!!

Let the reading begin!!!

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult

Marley & Me by John Grogan

I will read 3 chapter books with Emma from her Judy B. Jones collection. Book 2, 3, & 4 of the series. We already read the first one.

10 Comments:

At 3/24/2007 6:24 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Great list! You'll have to let me know how the Jodi Picoult books are. Happy Reading! =)

 
At 3/24/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger ellen b. said...

Hi,
I'm a former teacher, also. I love the "I shaved my legs for this" in your header...:)
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

 
At 3/24/2007 10:58 AM, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

i think Blogger lost my comment, so here goes again:

i recently read both The Time Traveler's Wife and My Sister's Keeper - both of which i thought were fabulous and very compelling reads.

i put a yet-to-be-named Picoult novel on my SRT list, because i want to read more of her but am not sure which to read next. so if you get to Harvesting the Heart, be sure to let me know what you think.

happy reading!

 
At 3/24/2007 4:50 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I plan on reading Time Traveler's Wife for another reading challenge. I'm just not sure when.

Good luck with the Spring Challenge!

 
At 3/24/2007 5:45 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Fun list! I like Jodi Picoult.

caribousmom.blogharbor.com

 
At 3/24/2007 8:13 PM, Blogger Literalicious said...

Oh, I should have added The Time Traveler's Wife to my list. Can't wait to see your thoughts on it!

Happy Spring Reading!

 
At 3/24/2007 10:40 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Tracy, I have my copy of My Sister's Keeper if you want it. I've read it twice and would be happy to pass it on to you!

E-mail me an address if you want it and I'll get it in the mail Monday.

 
At 3/25/2007 10:11 AM, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

This is a great list, Tracy. I've read three of your four (all except Harvesting the Heart) and really liked all of them. Thanks for joining the Spring Reading Thing. Enjoy those books!

 
At 3/25/2007 3:59 PM, Blogger Nise' said...

Love your header! Just yesterday I finished Marley and Me *sniff* it was such a great book! Not sure if it is because I am a dog lover or the fact that our Lab died 2 months ago. Looks like lots of readers are choosing Jodi Picoult. Enjoy!

 
At 3/26/2007 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've read all of those except for Harvesting the Heart. Good books - give The Time Traveler's Wife a little bit of time to get into it. I wasn't crazy about it the first 70-100 pages, but then got totally sucked in and ended up loving it.

And Judy B. Jones is huge in our house. Bailey read practically all of them first semester at school. He's now moved on to Magic Treehouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home