Thursday, March 22, 2007

Update on Finn

Finn is doing GREAT!!

He knows the commands sit and come. He likes to fetch, although sometimes he is fetching our slippers, socks, towels and shoes.

Emma has learned that if she runs Fin chases her and bites her. When she hears Finn following her, she stands like a statue and Finn leaves her alone.

He sleeps in his crate from 9-6 with no accidents!! We love that. Housetraining is exhausting, but with this breed it is. Jake took 6 months to totally get it. We find squiggle marks on the rugs and floors from him. He has no clue he is going. Yet, when I bring him out and tell him "bathroom" he immediately goes. The good thing is we are ripping the rug up when he is trained and putting down hardwood.

Well enough talk...here are some pictures.

Finn alseep on my shoes!!


Finn stretching because apparently he is in a rush to get big.


Now look what his stretching did! His front legs are too long! (just kidding)


Chewing on his rope while relaxing on his bed.


I lasted all of 1 1/2 weeks keeping his off the couch. Here he is sleeping after I picked him up and put him there.


Helping mommy with the laundry! It really tired him out.


Are you looking at me because I am so cute?


Maggie and Finn playing. Her poor ears have taken a beating with this pup.


My sad hound dog. She is quite unhappy about this hat!!!


Finnegan getting ready for his beer.


Don't forget to ready the post below this about Timmy!

5 Comments:

At 3/22/2007 11:38 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Finn is so freaking adorable. ADORABLE. I love all of the picture, but my favorite is the last one. What a great shot of him. And I also love the picture of Maggie with her St. Patty's day hat on. She looks like my Molly does when we try to dress her up - completely annoyed.

I'm so glad you and your family are enjoying Finn. I can't wait to see more pictures and here cute puppy stories!!

 
At 3/22/2007 1:01 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Sam says "He is cute"
Abby says "i want to name him baby"

He is adorable Tracy. sooo cute.
thank you for the updated pictures.

 
At 3/22/2007 2:32 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Kim told me to come here and look at your new pup... HOW CUTE IS HE?!!!! Just adorable.. and very photogenic!

 
At 3/23/2007 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the new pics Tracy. Finn is so stinking cute! He is already getting so big! I wish we lived close and then we could get Dharma and Finn together for a playdate.

Rich and I argue about the couch issue. I don't mind if Dharma gets on the couch (although at this point she still has to take a running leap to get up) but Rich doesn't want her on the furniture. We don't want to send her mixed messages so I'm agreeing to his policy, but I SO want to snuggle with her on the couch at night watching tv. She comes and rests her head on my legs and looks at me sadly. sigh.

 
At 3/24/2007 5:47 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Wonderful puppy photos! They grow up too fast (and also not fast enough *grin*).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home