Friday, August 08, 2008

A Little Older, Wiser, and Much More Tired!

Well, if anyone checks this blog anymore, I am still alive and doing well.

Taking on a job, renovating, adding on an addition, and still trying to be the mom I was, yea that was putting myself on overload. Don't get me wrong, it was a very good year for the first year back teaching. I got the children involved in a lot of activities and they really learned from their experiences. The parents, for the most part, were great and so very helpful. I made a CD for the children and help a pot luck dessert at the end of the year to view it. We only viewed half of the CD, because I was still working on the other half. The overachiever in my made the CD 1 hour long. I wanted to make sure I included all of the important activities along with the regular classroom routines so parents got a better understanding of what their children did all year.

So far this summer I have been in classes all of July with the exception of one week. I took a course on reading strategies that gave me some good ideas. It would have been better if I taught at the intermediate elementary level but I can scale down some things for my children. I had SMARTboard training (now all I need is my SMARTboard to come in). That is a whole big rant that I might do in the next week if I don't have it. Then I had Gissel training. The Gissel test is a developmental test. It is very interesting. I look forward to administering it to my son when the testing equipment comes in. Then I had curriculum development at my school. We are trying to make our school a "Responsive Classroom School". So as you can see I have been busy.

The week I was off in July we went camping at Lake Ontario on Association Island. It was fun although not great weather.

Timmy is doing very well. His teachers told me he was an exceptional little boy and ready for Kindergarten. Although, he is unable to go to Kindergarten since he is a January birthday and not of age for "K" yet. So another year of growing will just make him more exceptional.

Emma is moving on to second. She had a wonderful year in 1st. She was in an accelerated reading book club. She loved that. At the beginning of this week, she had to have a sick tooth pulled out at the dentist. Next week we get a mold of her tooth, and the following week the spacer goes in. Fun for a 7 year old during the summer, don't you think?

My Grandmother, broke her hip in December and now has ablood clot in her leg. Send positive vibes, prayers whatever you do for her. She is 89 1/2 and is very fragile.

David is doing well. We are in a competition to lose the most weigh (%). I took last week, although this week, I am not feeling good about. He took a new job with the same company. He likes it. It involves more day travel.

We have our final inspection on the house next Friday. After that, I can put pictures up on the wall, curtains over the windows, and just finish everything.

I am doing well. This year I gained the freshman 15 while working. There is alway food at that school! It is crazy. This year, I have to learn to just take the cupcake from the child and then throw it in the garbage at the end of the day. If I don't take it, they get upset. I tried that last year and it wasn't good.

Well, I need to take a shower and get to school. I have more setting up to do. We are taking the kids to the beach for a couple of days next week. I am more excited than they are!

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2008 9:36 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Okay, so I'm a blog-reading slacker. I just don't seem to have time to read muchless blog anymore!!!

I'm so glad you've had such a wonderful year. So glad. I think about you all the time and wonder how the kids are doing. I can't wait to see how your house turned out.

How is Finn? Is he so big now? And Maggie? Is she doing good?

Gosh, I miss you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home