Friday, January 27, 2006

35! Yikes! Where have the years gone?

That is right everyone, I am 35. I'm not sure how that happened. Does anyone ever find themselves thinking that you just got out of high school? Then reality smacks you in the face and says, "Wake up! You you have been out of high school for 17 years!" Wow, now THAT is scary!

But the wonderful part is, my life is truly blessed. I have a wonderful husband, 2 great children, family that loves me, and friends new and old. I am able to stay at home with my children and be here for every milestone thanks to my husband.

So yesterday started off presents on the kitchen table with a card from Emma and Timmy. I got Wolfgang Puck pots and pans, which were needed with the new finding on teflon. I also got season 1 and 2 of Friends. I just love that show!! Then to the computer to find 2 ecards. One from my cousin with a duck dancing (too cute) and the other from a new friend Beth. Beth's was so sweet. I am very blessed with the 8 new friends I have made this past year. Later on in the day UPS was in the driveway. They left a package by the garage door, but I didn't get it right away. I figured it was something for David since I didn't order anything. After lunch I went to get the mail and the package. To my surprise it was for me!



My cousin Kim sent me flowers!!! Aren't they beautiful? Thank you so much Kim and Jeff for the flowers. They really put a smile on my face!

Then it was time to go to my mom's for dinner. Emma and Timmy were very excited. They love going to Grammie and Pa's.



Emma had a little game of Memory before dinner with Pa. My brother and nephew also came. Dinner was the normal "Emma would you please eat?" "Timmy stop doing that and just eat. You are not done yet, we just started eating."

Clean up and then time for cake. I was prepared for the normal Texas Sheet cake which I love, but was surprise when it was a different cake. David had gotten me a cake!



Yes Kim, it is a Stephanie cake. It was delicious!!! Then it was time to come home. Once we were here I realized I didn't have a picture of the kids with me. We attempted one of the both of them with me, but you know who wouldn't sit still. So we needed to take 2 different ones.



Here are the 2 of them before the attempt at the group picture, that didn't happen.







Me and my girl!









Me and little man!







So that was my day. Unfortunately, I wasn't very happy today. More reflecting back on things that I could improve on and change. And definitely wondering what my future holds once the children are off to school. This will be my chance to do something I love, not something I have to do because we need the money. It is scary ending my childbearing years, since I have looked forward to it all of my life. I never dreamt of what would come after that. I am hoping room mother, PTA, fundraising and just enjoying all life has to offer me!!

I intend on 35 being a wonderful year full of laughter, joy, good times, good health and a whole lot of love!!! Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes!!

5 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 11:59 AM, Blogger Sara T said...

I am glad you had a good birthday...but why mixed with some sadness? You are an amazing beautiful mother/woman/friend/wife/family member/activist!!!!! I don't know what you have to change. But just know that I think you are perfect the way you are!

That cake looked BEAUTIFUL and delicious. WAY TO GO HUBBY!!!

I am glad you got some good gifts...you deserve them!!

Happy Birthday Tracy!!! 35 is your year!

 
At 1/27/2006 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cake is so beautiful. Way to go David!

Here's to 35 being a joyful year of self-discovery and acceptance!

 
At 1/27/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

David - you ROCK with that cake! Way to go man!

Tracy, the pictures with the kids are great!! They are getting so big and you (as always!) look amazing. Beautiful!

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday and I think your attitude is wonderful. Here's to 35 (and beyond) being the best year of your life!!

 
At 1/27/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Penny said...

i love that cake. your kids are as cute as normal. time does fly.. I was listening to the radio this morning (OK yes I am a closet NPR listener) and tomorrow i will be 20 years since the Challenger disaster.. I was in 6th grade.. in line for lunch when heard..I still end up in tears when I hear about it.

 
At 1/28/2006 12:43 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh, Tracy what a blessed day! Beautiful family, beautiful flowers and a beautiful cake! Wow, that cake was beautiful! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us! You may be 35, but girl, if I look half as good as you at 35 I will consider myself extremely fortunate!
P.S. Anna has the same shirt Emma has on in that picture. IN FACT, Anna was sitting next to me with it on when I first read your blog! Isn't that weird??!?!

Have a great 35th year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home