Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It's not even 6:00!

Oh come on, are you kidding me! Why are the people in my house up before 6? I dont' get it. Why does the day have to start so early? It starts with my dog licking the bed or his paw. Then David wakes up, but lays in bed because he knows I don't want to hear anyone up. And then EMMA. What kid wants to wake up early? Mine! WHY??? Don't they understand I need to SLEEP!!! Then around 6 I hear Timmy. The mornings are coming way too early.

Timmy had his visit with the doctor yesterday. He is doing good. His weight is in the 10th to 25th percentile. I raise small kids but big dogs! His height is in the 75th percentile. Overall health is good. He has a rash that we are going to the dermatologist today for, so I will report back later on that. We are also going to an immunotologist (I believe that is how you spell it) in the middle of February. This is to get a game plan about his blood. We will talk with the doctor about maybe having a plan of attack for next year's cold and flu season. For those that don't know, Timmy's immune system is not what it should be. We found this out when he was sick this past fall. So that is the reason he gets sick all the time.

As his mom, I feel like there should be something I can do to help him. Or that I did something wrong that caused this. My mind knows that it's nothing I did, but there is a part of me that questions it. (All you moms reading know what I mean.) At least we know and we can try to be proactive with his health.

So tomorrow is the big day. As I blow out my candles (if I have any) I will be making my wish not for myself but for my children. There is nothing more in this world that I want than my children's health and happiness. I am finding more things are becoming clearer as I get a little older. Priorities shift and changes are made for a better life. If only that could happen in our 20's.

Today is a special day for a little boy. Sadly, he is celebrating his special day in heaven, but he is remembered by many people. Please say a prayer for his family that is left here on Earth. I pray for sweet memories of their precious son and little brother.

2 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Penny said...

You are turning 25 right?

I raise big kids small cats.. Sam does not eat is and is over 40lbs. Abby eats and is almost 3olbs. (she has not gained weight at the same rate as same). I hope the testing goes well for Timothy. That you can figure out what is going on with your little boy. Abby was up at 6:30.. Sam almost 9 .. now if they could just meet in the middle some where life would be great.

 
At 1/25/2006 3:18 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Tracy,
My son is a skinny minny too! Some kids are just that way. He's yet to reach the 30 lb. mark.

And I also wanted to say that I completely understand how you feel as a mom. I would rather suffer with every illness that my son gets rather than him having it. I really wish we had that option, but we don't. Timmy is lucky to have such a wonderful, caring mommy like you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home