Monday, January 23, 2006

Another Weekend

I am glad to report that Maggie is ok. The doctor didn't find any stones, but believe after an exam that she already passed it. The rest of her labs will come back on Wednesday to see if we can find the cause of it. We might need to put her on a diet. The funny thing is, even if the results come back good, she still needs a diet. The girl is 75 lbs! That is a lot of weight on her little legs!

Timmy is doing so much better. We had a really tough night on Sat. He suffered from 2 night terrors. If you have never experienced this, I hope and pray you never do. It is like your child is possessed. And yes, I really mean that. He was flailing around in his crib saying my name while still asleep. I picked him up (which I found out you are not supposed to do) and he pushed me away still with his eyes closed. He wasn't crying but making a sound I have never hear. Kind of like a moaning sound. He finally opened his eyes and it was like they weren't his eyes. I'm not sure if that was because he was still asleep or what. This all lasted about 20 to 30 minutes. I put him back down and that was it or so I thought. About an hour later it started again. This time I left him in his crib and decided to set up his humidifier. While doing that, I realized he was laying across his crib and pushing with all of his strength on either side of the crib. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but his neck was bent and I was scared he would break it. I got him out and everything started again. This time David sat up with me in our bed trying to talk to him. Finally, I laid him in our bed and just watched him. He was so aggitated. That lasted about 10 minutes in our bed and then all of a sudden he sat up and looked at me. It was Timmy again. What a relief! I told him it was time for bed. He gave me a hug and instantly fell asleep in my arms.

From what I read it is caused by being overtired, which he was, but this has happened before. So I will be talking with his dr. tomorrow when we go in. I also read that children grow out of it by school age. I am keeping my fingers crossed for that.

So let's end this on a good note:
Emma was in the refrigerator Sat. night getting yogurt out. She opened the door and of course the door swung back to close. She then says, "I'm not ready for you!" and pushes it back. Once again it tries to close...Emma "I told you I'm not ready yet, would you cut it out!" and this continues 2 more times. Then she get the yogurt and tells the door it is ok to close now!

Only my kid!! This blog was intended to be about all the crazy things that happen in my house. I am hoping it gets there as we all get better!

5 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Penny said...

Oh poor timmy. That must have been soo scary for you.. Emma sounds soo funny.. So when we getting all our kids together for a play date?

 
At 1/23/2006 10:21 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Poor Timmy. BJ has had a couple mini-night terror episodes. Nothing like what you described though. I hope you don't have to deal with that for much longer. . .

Emma is SO cute! What's up with the refridgerator door trying to rush her? Doesn't it know she's the princess of the house?
LOL!!

 
At 1/23/2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

p.s. I'm glad to hear that Maggie's ultrasound came back okay. Bless her little 75 lb. heart!! I bet her feet hurt all the time!

 
At 1/23/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

I am glad Maggie is ok!

Poor Timmy and you guys!!! HOW SCARY!!! HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGS!!! I am glad he is ok...and I really hope he out grows it.

Emma is a trip!!! She is a riot!

 
At 1/24/2006 6:57 PM, Blogger Beth said...

NIGHT TERRORS!! I've heard those are terrible. I worked with a women whose child used to have those. The morning after she looked so drained and really traumatized. I feel bad for all of you. I hope it NEVER EVER happens again!

I hope Timmy's appointment goes well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home