Friday, March 10, 2006

IT'S PURPLE!!

There is so much that I have thought of that I want to post. As soon as I sit down in front of this computer, I go blank! How does that happen? I mean really, did the children suck out my brain cells?

So David and I bit the bullet and bought bikes for ourselves. What were we thinking?? I truly don't know. I tried riding the bike in the store. That was a sight. I had no balance. We got one of the carts to pull behind that both of the children could sit in. It actually converts to a double stroller also. That is cool! So why didn't we go with the seats that attach to the bike, since there are 2 of us and 2 of them? Go back to te 6th sentence in this paragraph "NO BALANCE!" I can't take one of my kids out when I go down. I did get a bike helmet and part of me wanted to get a full body suit for the first couple of adventures out. You might be thinking "Why do this if you really aren't excited?" I am excited, but scared. And the bigger reason, we want to go bike riding with the kids while we are camping. We want some quality time with them that includes exercise, besides the normal running around. Besides, we have to get good on our bikes before the children get really good on theirs. So a friend asked me today "Did you get a 12 speed?" I said, "I have no idea IT'S PURPLE!!!!" Truly the color is all that matters, right?

There is so much more, but nothing I can think of right now! Except, we are having a blast of warm weather, so we will be outside and living it up!!!

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!!

3 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Purple is the "in" color for this season, so at least you have that going for you!! How exciting that you both got new bikes and a trailer for the kids. I know they will enjoy it so much.

Your balance will improve after you've ridden a few times!! Just watch out for pot holes and uneven surfaces!

And I can completely relate to the blog ideas being sucked from your brain. I think I might start writing the ideas down when they come to me so I don't forget them ;)

Oh, we need pictures of you on your bike with your helmet on!! I bet you look so cute!

 
At 3/11/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Penny said...

I want to see your bikes. take pictures when you go out.. My husband is a total bike freak.. we have ummm 9 bikes that is his.. He buys a another bike (cna't say new cause he buys old bikes)each year on ebay. So what kind did you get? it is a moutain bike? roadbike? ok does it have stuby tires? where did you get them?

bikes are soo much fun. I should get a new bike for myself this year.

 
At 3/11/2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Beth said...

HOW FUN!!! I'm so jealous! You will get your balance, you know the old saying about riding a bike!

I can't wait to see pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home