Sunday, February 19, 2006

A Year Ago

Where were you 1 year ago?

This is were I was...


If your not sure what you are looking at, I was at the GREAT AMERICAN RACE!! That's right, The Daytona 500!! With some of the best seats in the place.

This year was quite different. I sat in my living room in front of the big screen TV. Which was ok, because right now I am typing this and not standing in a mass of people trying to get back to our car. Last year it took 2 hours to get the bus which brought us to the field were our car was parked. Then another hour or so to get to my girlfriend's house. She lives 10 minutes from the track!!

For those of you that have no interest in the race, I was like that when I first met David. Then I started watching and understanding everything that goes on...it is pretty wild. When you are at a race, I have been to two of them, you really need to rent a radio that allows you to listen to the drivers in the cars. That is quite entertaining. My first race was at Pocono Raceway. Definitely not as exciting as Daytona. This race is considered the Super Bowl of the racing world. There is just something about this race.

Last year I was so lucky to get tickets to give to David for his birthday. My girlfriend has a connection with a higher up and I was so grateful to get them. The best part, Jeff Gordon won. David's favorite driver...could it have been any better!!

Well now I am off to watch Extreme Home Makeover!!

3 Comments:

At 2/20/2006 3:26 PM, Blogger Penny said...

wow that must have been exciting. I am about 20 mins from NHIS There is two Nascar races year a year.. Your welcome to come if you ever want too ;) Chris got tickets one year but was to lazy to go (He won them) if that happends again I know another person to ask if they want them (we could not give those puppies away cause all the die hards where already going)

 
At 2/21/2006 1:20 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

Doug's ENTIRE family is into racing...can't say I am. But hey...I hate all sports. LOL!

 
At 2/21/2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

I'm a NASCAR fan. I grew up watching it. Now I don't watch it very often unless I'm hanging out with my dad, but I really do enjoy it. The skill, the determination, the knowlegde, and the tiny variables. That's what car racing is all about.

I thought my dad was going to die when he found out they were building a NASCAR racetrack in Dallas. He couldn't have been happier.

Now I'll admit that Jeff Gordon is not my favorite. I'm an Earnhardt fan all the way. Sr. and Jr.

I knew there was something I didn't like about David ;)!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home