Thursday, February 16, 2006

What a Day!

The day started out saying goodbye to our beloved pet as he went off to have surgery. The children were fine with it. We assured them that Daddy would be bringing him home after work. I think Mommy and Daddy weren't so sure of that. We were nervous! Before Jake went I was sure to get pictures of him with the kids.


And then he was off. So excited to go for a ride. He used to go for rides all of the time. Then Emma came along and poor Jake lost his ride. Our vet makes house calls so he doesn't even get to ride there anymore. The kids and I went on a field trip with Emma's school to the dentist's office. It is actually Emma's dentist we went to visit which was great!! Especially since we are headed there today for her second filling. Timmy was really well behaved. He even loved getting a ride int he chair. He didn't want to get out. David said I should have offered the dentist $50 to look at his teeth right then and there!




After that it was home to wait for news about Jake. If I didn't hear anythig by 3 I was going to call them. Thankfully, the doctor called a little before that to say my furry baby was fine. He made it through like a champ. The lump was bigger than we had thought and it was being sent out for testing. His teeth were cleaned and nails clipped. I was so relieved. I told Maggie (our basset hound) that Jake would be home soon and she sat by the window waiting. She didn't eat or drink all day. She just slept. When Jake had left she sat by the window until I convinced her he wasn't coming home until later. She was so sad.

So I sat with Maggie by the window waiting for Jake. We were all excited to hear David's truck coming up the road. I tied Maggie to her lead and the kids and I waited at the front door. This is what we saw...



We laughed!! Maggie's tail couldn't have wagged any faster than it did! We were all so happy to have Jake home with us. Then I got a good look at the insicion...



Not pretty and MUCH bigger that I thought it would be. He did great though and that is all that matters. So that is my report although I can't leave you with that picture of my dog....so here is one taken yesterday morning.



And this is Timmy with his girlfriend, Isabella. They will be starting school together in Sept. 2007.

5 Comments:

At 2/16/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Wow, what a day. Timmy looks like a little mini-David in his argyle sweater and turtle neck!! How cute it that! I'm so glad that Emma's filling is over. Poor thing.

Jake's incision is huge. My gosh. How did the kids react? How is he feeling now that's he home? That satelite dish is HUGE. Poor guy. I'm glad it's over. Isn't it funny how our animals now when something's not right. When my cat Jackson was really sick, his brother Beau wouldn't eat and just moped until Jackson came home. He was actually in ICU at Texas A&M's veterinary hospital for 2 weeks. Liver disease. And no, he wasn't a heavy drinker!

 
At 2/16/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Wow, what a day. Timmy looks like a little mini-David in his argyle sweater and turtle neck!! How cute it that! I'm so glad that Emma's filling is over. Poor thing.

Jake's incision is huge. My gosh. How did the kids react? How is he feeling now that's he home? That satelite dish is HUGE. Poor guy. I'm glad it's over. Isn't it funny how our animals now when something's not right. When my cat Jackson was really sick, his brother Beau wouldn't eat and just moped until Jackson came home. He was actually in ICU at Texas A&M's veterinary hospital for 2 weeks. Liver disease. And no, he wasn't a heavy drinker!

 
At 2/17/2006 2:59 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Holy smokes! That is quite an incision! I'm so glad everything is okay, what a pretty dog!

 
At 2/17/2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

Poor Jake. I always feel bad for dogs in the "satellite dish". I hope he has a QUICK recovery! I am sure you are all very glad to have him home. :)

 
At 2/17/2006 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, poor Jake. That incision does look nasty. Hope he is feeling okay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home