Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Long Overdue

Sorry I have been so bad in blogging. I have been doing a lot. My house was bringing me down. The messier it got, the less I did. It was bad!

I purchased te Hoover Floormate. My cousing recommended it and with the amount of ceramic tile I have, I needed something with a motor to clean them. I never thought that my floors would be so dirty, but with 2 dogs who are in and out all day, you can forget about sparkling floors all the time. It worked really well. Timmy doesn't like it though. As soon as I turn it on he starts yelling, "Too Loud Mama, Too Loud!!"

So I had asked David if he could hang around this past weekend so I could get some stuff done. I went through Timmy's closest and found brand new clothes I forgot he had. So after straightening his closet, I moved downstairs. I tackled my office. What a mess that was! After many hours, you can now see my desk and actually find things in there. My next job was the kitchen counter. Not something I like to go through, but it was a lot easier since a lot of it belonged file in my office.

On Sunday, my mission was Emma's closet. We needed to get a closest system in there. I want to start a chore chart with her and one of the chores is putting her clothes away. Well that wasn't going to work if she couldn't reach the shelves, so to home depot we went. We ended up getting two systems. One is for the spare room that will eventually be Timmy's new room. I also picked up an additional shelf for my laundry room. So not only did I get Emma's closet organized, I got my laundry room looking better.

Timmy started OT yesterday. I am really hoping this doesn't last that long. I know, I know, I pushed for him to get this, and I really hope it works! It is just that, I think a lot of what he is lacking is because I don't spend the amount of time with him that I should. That is starting to change. Hence, all of the organization and purging of crap that has been sucking my time and energy. Believe me, when he was first classified for OT, I blamed my self. I am not doing that now, although it might sound that way. I am just evaluating what is going on and seeing the best way to help him. The OT therapist will help jump start his sensory issues and attention spand issues. But I will tell you, he has already started to improve in the past couple of weeks. A lot of it is a maturity issue for him. On the speech front, I am so scared he is going to test out. Quite the opposite of OT, huh? He is still a little delayed, but he went from saying single works to complete sentences over night. No really, over night!! All of a sudden 5 words were coming out of his mouth strung together for a sentence. My little man is quite an achiever this past couple of weeks. So the speech teacher and I are trying to get our game plan into action before his annual review in April. There is a family history (with Emma) with articulation problems. I am afraid he will go backwards and pick up the same artic. problems that Emma has. In Sept. he needs to be reevaluated anyway for Preschool services. Which his speech teacher feels he will definitely receive. So why stop services for 6 to 9 months, just to through him back in. Oh, the red tape just gets to me.

Jake had his stitches out on Saturday. He is doing great!!! Emma is doing wonderful in school. I am so excited for her!! I can't wait to see how she reacts to the school tour in April.

Oh, Timmy's sweat test was postponed due to the snow storm we had. It is rescheduled for April. For those that don't know, this is to test for cystic fibrosis. I hate having these kinds of test looming over my head. I really wanted to get it done last week, but mother nature had other ideas.

The phone just rang and it was his doctor. His blood work came back and as we thought his IgA is low. We knew this. The good thing, he thinks it will come up in time. We also had his IGG subclasses tested and out of the 4 of them only one was normal. The other 3 are low. Again, he believes that in time, it will get better. The end result, Timmy will suffer with more cold and sickness than the average child. And yes, this is were my guilt comes in. I know I didn't do anything to cause this, but it breaks my heart that he is sick so often. I wish it was me and not him. Although, it is only colds and not something more serious. For that, I thank my lucky stars everyday.

This post is so much longer than I wanted it to be. If you are still reading, thank you so much. As many of you know, an amazing woman died Dana Reeves. Her strength, courage, grace and love for her husband and son were uncomparable to anything I have ever seen before. Please pray for her son Will. He will need a lot of love and support in the coming days, months and years.

2 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 4:26 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Tracy, what a wonderful update. You are forgiven for going to long without, don't ever do it again!
:-)

I love all of the organization that took place last weekend. Isn't it amazing how good that feels for your soul? When things are cleaner for me, I just feel better about everything. Makes you wonder why I don't clean more often!

The good news about Timmy's bloodwork is that someday, all of this will be in the past. And that day will be here before you know it. Do not feel guilty for anything. You are a human being, you can only control so much, not everything.

It was so good to hear from you again! I missed you, girl!

 
At 3/09/2006 10:01 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Wow, wow, wow!! You've been busy! I bet your house looks amazing now. Can you come and clean out my closets? I'll even buy you a plane ticket ;)

I'm glad to hear that Timmy's doing well with his therapy. And the fact that his immunity will get stronger as he gets older is a relief too. I know that right now is hard, but as he gets older he won't get sick as much!

Thanks for the update!! I also missed you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home