Saturday, February 25, 2006

And then came 7 PM

The day was relatively uneventful, compared to the day before, until 7 PM!

I ran down to the basement to get some night time diapers for little man. I found them on a high shelf slightly behind a huge Sam's Club box of Huggies diapers. The shelves are slatted so I can put my hand through the bottom and try to push the diapers out from there. What I didn't realize is that the bigger box was starting to move. So as I manuevered the diapers the big box came down an hit me on the head and then bounced off my thigh. I was so stunned and dizzy, I thought I was going to pass out. So, of course, I finished getting the diapers and made my way back up the stairs. Pretty much the first 5 minutes after that are a fog. When the box hit me, I heard my neck crack in a couple of places. For those that don't know, I have a bulging disc between my 3rd and 4th cervical spinal column. So any trama to the area is not a good thing. I wasn't that concerned about that, I was scared I had a minor concusion(?). The dizziness subsided before I fell asleep, but my neck is pretty bad today. If my neck didn't hurt, I would totally be laughing about the whole thing.

So on to the second part of the night...did you really think that was it? We were getting the kids ready for bed in their bathroom, you know teeth brushing, vitamins, flouride rinse and yes the fighting over the winnie the pooh paper cups! So David gets more cups out of the closet and hands them to Emma to put on the counter, me still being in a fog didn't hold Timmy long enough for Emma to put them up. So he bolts over to where she is and pushes her. Which really is nothing new and no big deal but she landed.... are you ready? Sara, if you are drinking swallow now!! She fell in the toilet! Yes, that is corrected! The toilet and the counter are next to each other and there is a small space between them where Emma usually stands. Well, Timmy wanted in there to get to the cups and just pushed her, not hard but hard enough for her to lose her balance and land in the toilet! David pulled her out and all she could say was, "Dad, I think I fell in the toilet?! And my heiny, underwear and nightgown are all wet!" It was quite funny.

So that was our night!! I am also happy to report that I was able to watch all of my shows the other night! They were GREAT!! I really wanted that Brenna chick booted, but hopefully next week. She really bugs me. Dancing with the stars was GREAT!! I just want to dance like these people. Well I would need David to be able to dance also for it to work. Drew Lahey and his partner were AWESOME. They did a freestyle dance to Big and Rich's "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" song!! If I was Drew's wife I would have had a big chatwith him afterwards. He keep hugging his partner like that had something going on. His wife looks like she is ready to give birth at any moment. Anyway, it was such a fun dance to watch!! I have actually watched it 3 times since Thursday night. Thank goodness for TIVO!!

I apologize for any spelling errors. I'm still a little out of it.

4 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Penny said...

i went from being considered for you (which I still am) to uncontrolable laughter.

I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 2/25/2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Oh no Tracy! Please take care of your neck!! My mom is about to have her first surgery to fuse her cervical spine (because of bulging/degenerative disk) corrected because the surgeon screwed it up!

I know how serious that kind of condition can be, so take care and if it continues to hurt call your doctor!

I cannot believe Emma fell in the toliet. Okay, Timmy pushed her in the toliet. Did you all just stand there and laugh? I don't think I would have been able to hold it in. Poor girl. At least it seems like she took it in stride.

Glad you got to watch all of your shows (repeatedly!)!

 
At 2/25/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger Beth said...

OUCH!! I can't believe a box of diapers fell on your head. When something like that happens to me I get so mad!! I really hope the pain subsides soon, if it doesn't, call the doctor!

I can't believe Emma fell into the toilet! Your nighttime "ritual" sounds chaotic, JUST like mine! LOL!

I agree, I desperately wanted Brenna to go bye-bye this week---I hope it's next week for sure!

 
At 2/27/2006 12:00 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

OMG Oww! I have had that done...believe me no laughing matter! Mine was while working a part time job during college...went to get something down from a shelf and like 5 flourescent bulbs fell on my head. OW! Of course...I laugh about it now though. But yours is worse because of your neck!!! I hope nothing got seriously hurt! Huge hugs! OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

And OMG! Thank you for telling me to swallow my drink! I BUSTED out laughing!!!! OMG! She fell in the toilet!! Sorry Emma...BUT HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA! That is freaking HILARIOUS! I laughed so hard...that I now have to go pee. Which just again reminds me of Emma falling in the toilet. HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home