Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Sorry for the Delay

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm not even sure I remember everything that has been going on, but I will try.

Friday, we had Emma's parent teacher conference. She is doing GREAT!!! She is coming out of her shell and participating in class. The teacher say that she is very smart. Actually she looked at both of us and said, "I don't know if you realize how smart your little girl really is? She can hear or see something once and it is in her brain forever." Um, yes we know. It is just that we are not the kind of parents that go around telling everyone at every moment that our child is so brillant. Maybe we should start. Don't get me wrong, we tell her all the time!

After that I went on a shopping spree to Kohl's. It was supposed to be for me, but Emma was the winner on this day. She is definitely ready for Spring!! My parents came over for dinner and were suprised to see my hair. My father didn't say anything. I actually think he thought I just got it cut. My mom said "Wow, you darkened it and got it cut." That was it. I know she doesn't really like it, but that is ok.

Saturday, we got the big screen TV! My aunt and uncle came to see it. My aunt didn't have much to say about my hair either. To be expected.

Sunday, SNOW!!!! It was beautiful!! A lot of shifting of furniture. I actually suggested taking the high tower down, and was met with 3 NO's. Oh well, the high tower stays.

Yesterday was nothing out of the ordinary, which in this house is a good thing!!

Tomorrow, my big dog "Jake" goes in for surgery to have a huge lump removed from his back. I am not happy about it, but he needs it off. It has changed a little. I fear losing him some day and pray that when the time comes he goes in his sleep. My love for this dog is so deep. The last time I had a dog, I was in 5th grade. So it took a good 16 years for me to have another. He was here to keep me company during my bedrest with Emma. I talked to him all the time. He is the one that kept me sane during that. I can honestly say he is the best dog! He is great with the children and actually greated them at the door when we brought them home from the hospital. He is our baby and a huge part of the family. With this great breed (Greater Swiss Mountain Dog) comes many health issues. Bloat, cancer and the one that plagues him hip dysplasia. It is severe in him. But we do what we can for him. As long as he is happy, we are happy. I fear that tomorrow will be the hardest on Emma. The last time we needed to leave Jake at the hospital she cried. Thank goodness she has a field trip to the dentist tomorrow with her class. That should help for the first part of the day.

So that is it from here. There is a fight brewing with the children so I need to run.

3 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 12:20 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Wow!! David got his new TV huh? I bet he's happy!!

I can't believe your family didn't like your hair. At least they could've lied to you about it! I mean come on. . .

Dorry to hear that Jake has to have surgery. I know how you feel about him, because I feel the same way about my dog (except when she's barfing all over the carpet like she did this past weekend). She was our first baby!

I'm glad to hear that Emma is a genius. Now that you've admitted it, I won't feel so bad mentioning that BJ is too!! Who knew that all the FOA ladies would have not only the most beautiful children, but the smartest in the world too!

 
At 2/14/2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, brag all you want. It's your God given right as her mother. Hooray for Emma!!

Hope Jake does okay tomorrow - I know how attached we get to these pets. I swear, my cat Molly is a human on equal footing in our house (or as Rich says, ABOVE him!)

 
At 2/16/2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Beth said...

How can people not mention your hair? It's awesome!!!! New TV? That's so cool, I won't tell Brian, he would be quite jealous!

I hope Jake's surgery went well! He's sounds like such a special dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home