Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Day 4 - Sea World

Two side notes first...
My mother-in-law is stil in the hospital. We are waiting for another update. Prayers are still needed. When she does get released, she will be on a feeding bag, IV, and need constant care at this point. I will update with more when we know anything.
Second, today is Jakes birthday! He is 8 today. Unfortunately, he is not doing well at all. We are bringing him to a new vet today for acupunture. Please say a prayer that this helps him and he has a huge turn around. Our fear is that it will not help, but we need to exhaust everything we possibly can.

Now Sea World...I thought the children would love to see all the animals and a break from the characters. Little did I know that we would run into a character.

Yes, Shamu was there signing and getting photos. Good thing I left the books and pens in the bag.

Here Timmy is ready for the day.


We went to a Sea Lion and Otter show. That was cute. The kids enjoyed that. Then we tried to go to the Penguin exhibit, but the fire alarm went off and everyone was evaucated. So on to the Dolphin Show. No luck there either. It was full. (Note: Don't go during Spring Break!!) So back to the penguins. The kids loved them. So did I. I think they are so awesome and fast! Next stop the sea lions. Oh my gosh, I wanted to take one home. I made David buy food so I could feed them. Then I told hime to get a picture of me feeding them. This is what he took.

Do you see me holding the little fish? Yea, me neither! He totally missed me.

This guy, I believe was blind. You know he is the one I wanted to take home.


So then it was on to the Arctic. On our way we passed some whales for the kids to sit on.


As you can see from the look on my face, Timmy was getting into some trouble.


Now this next picture, you might think I took because David and Timmy were together and it was cute, but no that is not why. I took it, because that is pretty much most of what I saw with my hubby. He walked so far ahead most of the time. My parents, walked much slower and then I was in the middle with the stroller. This happened everyday at every park. Even on our way to catch the bus.


The Arctic was neat. The kids like it. There was a polar bear right next to the window. Timmy loved it, Emma was a little unsure about being so close. Then the beluga whale swam right to the window to see the kids. It was really cute.

After that, we decided to head back to the resort for lunch and a nap. After naptime, we thought it would be best to hang around there for some down time. We walked to the resort next door to check out their gift shop. And then bedtime for our last BIG surprise for Emma!! Stay tuned to see what we had in store for her!

6 Comments:

At 4/25/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

I swear! You did more before lunch at Seaworld than I do in a whole vacation!!! It sounds like you had such a blast. And I love the picture of you feeding the sea lions! Way to go David for that great shot ;)

Can't wait to hear more about Emma's big surprise!!!!!!!

And I'm still thinking of your mother-in-law. I hope she's feeling better soon.

 
At 4/25/2006 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of Jake and your mil, Tracy. Sending healthy vibes to you guys.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of you watching Timmy getting into trouble. That expression is priceless.

 
At 4/25/2006 4:33 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

AHHHH!! A cliff hanger???!!! booger!

All the pics are too great. Sea world is fun...especially feeding the animals. I shove out a but load to feed the dolphins.

My hubby does the same thing! Drives me NUTS! Hello...slow down...enjoy the day..no hurry.

I will say prayers for Jake and MIL. Hugs!

 
At 4/25/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I love the pictures from your trip, the one with you missing is hilarious! David is a true photographer! LOL!

I'm praying hard for your MIL and for all of you. And for little Jake. Happy Birthday, doggie!

I can't wait to hear about Emma's surprise! Don't forget to blog VERY VERY SOON!!

 
At 4/26/2006 12:46 AM, Blogger Penny said...

That look on your face.... PRICELESS :)

 
At 5/09/2006 2:58 AM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Oh my gosh. Tracy, I love your blog. You have me laughing. The non-picture of you feeding the sea lions, the look on your face, having to look at David's backside the entire trip... priceless.

I am still thinking of your mother-in-law. I hope I haven't missed an update on her somewhere. Let me/us know how she is doing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home