Monday, April 17, 2006

Day 3- Tuesday!!


So now we move on to Animal Kingdom. First stop was to pick up the stroller. Did I tell you in the last post, that if you have children, rent these things! They are so worth it!!!

Next we were on to the "Big Tree". The children were not impressed. Why would they be, it's a tree. Well the adults were so I was glad we stopped to see it. Then we just started walking. Wouldn't you know we run into Stitch!! How great was that?! He was so funny. Timmy really enjoyed him and Stitch enjoyed Timmy. He even wrote his "To Tim" in his autograph book. Emma gave him a huge hug! After that, Emma started, "Where is Lilo? We need to find Lilo!" Very long story and search cut short...no Lilo. Oh well, there is always next time.












We kept walking and realized we were just in time for the Lion King Performance. This might not have been the best thing to bring Timmy to. There were monkeys (gymnists) that were flipping and flying through the air. He loved watching them. Emma wasn't very sure about the whole thing, but in the end liked it.

Then we saw Donald Duck!! It was great. The kids of course gave hugs and took pictures. Donald was kneeling down and I told Timmy to say bye. Well he decided to hit Donald's bill! Yes, my kid hit Donald Duck!! I was shocked and Donald grabbed his beak. Timmy instantly knew what he had to do...he said "Sori, Sori Doul Duck" which is Sorry Sorry Donald Duck and then he gave him five. David and I just shook our heads.


We were then on the move to the Safari. On the way, my parents stopped to get us water and Emma, Timmy and I found an African drummer. Emma and Timmy each took a turn hitting his drum.

I wish Donald had, had a drum. I got to the Safari and it was over an hour wait to on to get Fast Passes for all of us. We had 2 hours before we could use our fast pass, so we turned around and head to see some gorillas. They put on a little show for us. It was very cute. One took his feeding bucket and put it on his head and walked around.
Another, ran down and grabbed a stick and posed for the cameras. Then we decided to head back to camp Mickey.

Camp Mickey was a big hit with Mickey, Minnie and Brother Bear. Mickey was cute, but Minnie stole Timmy's heart. While she was signing Emma's book, Timmy held her arm. She was really taken with her. He is totally into the women!!



It was on to find some food which didn't go well. So we (or should I say I) decided to scrap the Safari and head back to the resort for some lunch and then a nap. It worked out much better. Remember this vacation was for the children not for the adults.

After naptime, we were on to Downtown Disney!! The shops were so cute. The kids posed with some statues that were outside and with the Lego basset hound in honor of our Maggie!! Timmy kissed the Cinderella statue. Such a ladies man! Grammie and Grandpa bought Emma a small Mickey and Minnie mouse stuffed animals. Timmy picked Chip 'n Dale. That night and the rest of the nights in Florida all of the stuffed animals slept with the kids. I got a few pins. If you haven't been to Disney in awhile, trading pins is hot! I got a lanyard and then 3 pins to symbolize my vacation. Dumbo in honor of Timmy. He loves that movie so much. Lady and the Tramp for Emma. Another big hit in our house. And of course, Cinderella's castle with the date on it. That pin will stay with me, and the kids will get their pins on something in there room. I am thinking about making them a shadow box of our trip for their rooms. We then road on the carousel there, jumped on the bus and were back at the resort.




I will try to update again tomorrow.

5 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 3:40 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Hooray! I love these Disney updates!
Great pictures! I just love your hair color! Timmy is so cute for saying sorry to Donald Duck, and I love him holding Minnie Mouse's arm--so cute! Emma looks like the most polite, pretty girl! I'm sure all of the characters just loved her!

 
At 4/17/2006 3:53 PM, Blogger Penny said...

i love love love the disney updates.. Thank you so much as you share your trip with us Tracy.

 
At 4/20/2006 4:38 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Wow!! I love all of the pictures with your narrative! I feel like I'm right there with you on the trip. It looks like day 3 was a great day and I love that Timmy was so taken with Minnie. He's such a sweet little boy (well, except when he's slugging Donald!)!!!

 
At 4/25/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger Sara T said...

Wow...I can finally leave a comment. Blogger didn't work every time I tried to leave a comment..its a conspiracy against me! LOL!

Such adorable pictures and wonderful memories. You know I had to LMAO at Timmy hitting Donald Duck. HAHHAHAHAHAA! That is just too funny and a great story to tell down the road. Sure...embarassing then...although I think I would have laughed. LOL!

Do we still have more stories to come? :)

 
At 5/09/2006 3:04 AM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Love the pictures! Your kids are beautiful and it was good to see your smiling face too (I think the Donald Duck one)!

I heard a rumor (but I'm probably recounting it incorrectly) that if you see a pin on a Disney cast member that you like, they are obligated to trade it with you. You'll have to show us pictures of your pins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home