Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sheer Panic and Surprise!

Sorry this has taken me so long. I last left you with poor Jake. He is doing better, but not great. I am worried about him. We considered canceling our trip, but knew he would be in good hands. Everything is day by day.

Now on to what everyone is waiting for...The BIG Trip!!!

We left here at 6:30 Saturday morning and headed toward Florida or should I say "The Happiest Place on Earth!" When we hit Jersey, we called my parents to see where they were. For those of you that don't know, I invited them to go with us to experience Disney with the kids. My mom jumped on it. Emma had no idea they were coming with us. We passed them a couple of times on the road, but the kids were so engrossed in the movies that they had no clue. We stopped in VA (I believe) for gas and lunch. That is when we planned on surprising Emma with Grammie and Grandpa. Well the surprise came a little quicker than we had thought. David had pumped the gas and then forgot to get the receipt. When he stopped the van and got out, Emma looked out the window and their were my parents getting gas. She stared for the longest time trying to process what she was seeing and then it started..."Mom, I see Grammie and Grandpa." "No you don't Emma, they are in NY!" "No Mom, they are right over there!!" So I let her call them on the cell phone and say hi. We moved to a parking lot to have lunch and my mom told her, she loved her so much that she was following us to FL. Well that just make Emma BEAM!



We stopped for the night in Lumberton, NC for the night after driving 10 1/2 hours. First stop was the hotel, then cracker barrel and then bed. After being asleep for about 2 hours Timmy woke up having trouble breathing. It was quite serious, to the point that David thought we were going to head home in the morning. I gave him his inhaler, special cough medicine and sat in a steamy bathroom for about 15 minutes. Then he slept with me the rest of the night. It was a very difficult night for the 3 of us. Emma sleeps like a rock and had no clue what was happening.

The next morning we got a late start because Timmy needed a little extra rest.

We woke him and were on the road by 7. Next stop, Disney. On our way into Orlando, I called our pediatrician and she told me to increase the inhaler and that we might need to go to the emergency room for steriod shots. As you can tell, this vacation isn't what we thought so far.

So now, Emma is sleeping and we are heading into Disney World. That is right, she missed the sign. I was thrilled!!! So far my plan was working out for the big surprise. We got to the hotel and woke her. Now, we did tell her that we were sleeping in one more hotel before we got to Mimi and Pop's. That this hotel was a special Mickey hotel and we might see some Mickey things, but that was it. So we checked in and then got on the bus to Magic Kingdom. We told her that we were taking a bus to dinner so that didn't spark her interest at all.

Once we got to Magic Kingdom, my plan was to walk down main street and have her spot the castle. It was perfect!!!! She spotted it and her eyes lit up!!! Her mouth dropped open!!! And then "Mom, is that Cinderella's Castle??!!" "Yes, it is Emma!" And I asked her if she knew where we were and she said "Where?" "We are in Disney World!!" "Disney World??? I always wanted to go to Disney World!!" So did I say it was PERFECT!!!



Then when we got to the castle, people were waiting for something, so we waited also. All of a sudden a show started about the crowning of Cinderella. All the princesses came out with their princes and started dancing. Then Cinderella came out!! The look was priceless!!! I don't believe I really captured it.


Then we grabbed a bite to eat and started to head out, when the parade started. So did I say it was PERFECT!!! The kids got to see the parade and loved it. Emma was mesmorized by it. Timmy just kept calling the characters. Then Emma started waving. I was with her so I didn't get a picture, but the wave was a princess wave. Then it was back to the hotel.

That night Timmy woke up at about 11 and I took him in bed with me again due to his cough. At 1:30 he rolled on me and I felt like I was burning. I took his temp. and he had a 103.3 fever. So after motrin it finally broke about 2 hours later. I called the ped in the morning and he was on Zithromaz the rest of the trip.

That is it for now! I will post more tomorrow or Sat. The best is yet to come!!!

9 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 8:39 PM, Blogger Penny said...

There is something better then Emma's reaction to seeing the castle and jsut then realizing that she was in disney world? honestly you had me in tears.

How magicaly you made it for her. I love that your parents came and got to share the trip with them..

I hope Timmy got better on the trip.. Poor boy..

Can't wait to hear more i will bring my tissues for the next one.

 
At 4/06/2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Oh wow!!! Installment number 1 is awesome!! I love how you pulled off the surprise!!

And the look on Emma's face is priceless. I can see a scrapbook page now. $XXX for gas, $XXX for park tickets, $XXX for hotel rooms, The Look on Emma's face when she realized we were in Disney: Priceless!

I hope Timmy got better!!

 
At 4/06/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Those pictures of surprised Emma are so precious! Christy's scrapbook idea is perfect!

Hope the little man is feelilng better!

 
At 4/06/2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Goodies for Mom said...

Those photos are priceless. I'm so glad she had such a special time. What a great idea to surprise her.

 
At 4/06/2006 11:56 PM, Blogger mommy3 said...

LOVE Emma's expression! Absolutely priceless! As I was reading about your trip down, I was so excited for her. How funny that your parents were at the same gas station at the same time too! I'm so happy your surprise turned out perfect.

Sorry to hear Timmy (and you) had such a rough start on the trip.

Can't wait to see and read more!

 
At 4/07/2006 7:39 AM, Blogger Lara said...

That is a moment Emma is going to remember for the rest of her life! And what great timing! We kept missing the Coronation Show and I was so disappointed. Of course, the guys couldn't care less - LOL

Sorry to hear Timmy struggled so much, but I hope he had a great time too! Can't wait to read the next installment!

And, girl, I am SO glad you are home! (PS: So sorry to hear Jake still isn't himself :-( )

 
At 4/07/2006 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pics of Emma's expression are PRICELESS!! That is AWESOME! I was totally laughing about her looking over and seeing your parents in the car at the gas station. That's hysterical.

 
At 4/09/2006 10:53 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Tracy, I LOVE this entry! I'm sorry Timmy wasn't feeling so hot, the picture of the little guy sleeping is so cute! Emma's reactions are PRICELESS. DO YOU HEAR ME?!!?!? PRICELESS. Just perfect! I can't imagine the love and joy you felt during those moments. I can't wait for part II! (and three!)
By the way...HURRY UP!!

Love you.

 
At 4/10/2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Sara T said...

I had no earthly clue you were going to surprise Emma! (OMG do I need to pay attention LOL) Those looks are so incredibly PRICELESS! I love it!!!!!! I got so excited for her! Like my mom always said...you truly enjoy seeing Disney World even more thru the eyes of a child. You feel their joy and it truly does make it the happiest place on earth! WOW!!! I love it!!!

I am sorry that Timmy got sick. So scary! Huuuuuuuuuuugs!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home