Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Day 5 - Epcot

Now how coud this be another surprise for Emma? Really Epcot isn't for kids, right? Well if you are headed to Norway for a special meeting then it is just what is needed.

Breakfast with the Princesses!!!! Oh yeah, who are the best parents ever? Me and David!!! Really we were only the best parents for a short amount of time. But you all know how that goes.

She was so excited. We sat down in a back corner and I thought "Crap, we have a bad table and I paid a rediculous amount of money for this!" Just so happens, we were sitting next to the door where all of the princesses came out of!! Are you kidding me??!!! Life was good!!

First Belle came out, but just waved and didn't stop. What the heck is up with that? Well apparently, she was the princess that got to pose in a special spot all morning. So we got in line (short one thank goodness) and waited for our special time. Emma was so excited I just wanted to cried. To see that kind of joy on her face, just made me so happy. Timmy was excited also, but still a little tired from our world wind week.

This picture looks like the kids are trying to get away, but it was Belle's dress that was causing the trouble. It was so nice, because she talked to Emma and really took an interest.

So back to our seats we go to enjoy our breakfast. It was good, but hard to enjoy. Timmy was very fidgity so I asked David if he would take him outside to run around. Just as he did it, another princess appeared. This time, she stopped at the tables as she walked to sign autograph books and take pictures. So we only had two children that sat closer to the door that went first and then it was our turn. I can't put into words how Emma's face lit up. I mean it was better that Christmas. It was actually like the first time she met her brother. The innocence and wonder in her was amazing.

So here is the first picture...
Emma meeting Princess Aurora


Princess Aurora


Here she is waiting for her next Princess Jasmine. She had hoped Jasmine would be there. I am so glad she was.


And here they are together...


And last Mary Poppins...(Is she a princess? I don't think so. We were robbed!!!)


Emma loved every second of it!!! After that we went to get Timmy and Grandpa. Grandpa and Daddy switched placed after a little while. They we were out of Epcot! We were headed back to Magic Kingdom for a couple more surprises. So up to the monorail we go and wait. As we get out, Timmy has a major meltdown. And I mean MAJOR! So David jumped off the monorail with Timmy to bring him back to the room and we continued on. Instead of switching at the transfer station to another monorail, we took the ferry the rest of the way. Emma loved it! Here is a picture of her and Grandpa on the ferry looking at the castle.


So we get to Magic Kingdom and head back to ToonTown. We get there and get in line for MORE PRINCESSES!!! Did you realize that Cinderella was missing? She is Emma's favorite!! So as we are on line, someone informed us that it was an hour wait. Oh well, if that is what we have to do. Thank goodness it only ended up being 40 minutes. So we walk into the room and the excited was in the air or rather on Emma's face once again. Her princesses were in front of her and she couldn't control herself. She hand her hands squeezed so tight that her fingers her turning white from lack of blood.

The first princess was Aurora. Yes we did just see her, but hey you can pass up a princess!


Then her favorite Cinderella. She just stared at her for awhile, but then started talking to her.


Last was Snow White. This one had an unexpected twist. Snow White spent quite a bit of time with Emma. She talked to her, asked her questions all the while Emma just smiled. In her autograph book it says, "To Emma Love Snow White" She actually took the time to write her name. It was awesome. Then the best part and this earned her top princess!!! She gave Emma a KISS!!! Well, that was it. I was teary eyed seeing the look on her face. It meant the world to her.

Notice her hands in this one.




The Kiss!!


Here she is with her Princesses Hat on. Grammie and Grandpa bought it for her earlier that day. Then after seeing the princesses, they bought her a Snow White pin to go on it.


Then we went back to Main Street to wait for the afternoon parade. It was great!!! I wished that Timmy was there, but knew he wasn't up for it. I was just praying that he took a nap. If not, David would be one upset Dad!!

Emma, Grammie, Grandpa and I said goodbye to Magic Kingdom and headed back to the resort. She couldn't wait to tell her Dad about the princesses, especially Snow White!! When we got back, I asked if Timmy had taken a nap. David's reply, "What do you mean by that?" Not the answer I was looking for. Then he comes out with, he fell asleep on the bus back to the resort and sleep until 15 minutes before we got back. That would be a 4 1/2 hour nap!!! I guess the boy really needed his sleep!!! That night we hung out at the resort again and started packing up.

One more day at Disney and this one is for Timmy!!! Stay tuned!!!

Sorry about all the spelling and grammatical errors! But hey, at least I posted!

7 Comments:

At 4/26/2006 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Tracy, that is just AWESOME. First, I actually snorted out loud at the Mary Poppins being at the princess breakfast. What is up with that? But your description of Emma with them is just precious. That is AWESOME. Makes me so excited for Lucy to be older and then go there! Snow White rocks!

 
At 4/26/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh my goodness. You had me in tears! What a fabulous post, I can't imagine the emotion you felt! You guys make such a great family Emma is beautiful and just so fortunate to have such awesome parents (and brother!) This was my favorite update!!! I can't believe how long Timmy's nap was! What a tired boy!

 
At 4/27/2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

I am such a dork...I was sooooo excited for Emma that I wanted to bounce up and down myself!!!!!! Oh man! I love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled for her! To experience Disney thru a child is like being a child all over again. So AMAZING! She will NEVER forget that! WOW!!
Can't wait to read more. :)

 
At 4/27/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

My eyes had tears the entire time I read your post! Amazing! You and David ARE wonderful parents for making this trip so special for your special girl. I'm sure it's something that she'll NEVER forget.

Tracy - you ROCK!!!!!

 
At 4/29/2006 9:44 AM, Blogger Penny said...

What a wonderful princess day for Emma. sounds like you all had a wonderful magical time. I love how everything is child basised. How Timmy's 'bad' day really didn't affect emma's magical day. Amazing your a good Mommy and Daddy.. Can't wait to hear about Timmy's day and i am a little sad that your trip is almost over.

 
At 5/09/2006 2:50 AM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Emma's pictures are priceless! What a wonderful memory for her to carry with her (and you)! My heart was beating with excitement just reading about it!

I'll have to check to see if there is a princess breakfast at Disneyland. (I doubt it.) My girl handed me her Cinderella magnet today and said "princess" for the first time that I can remember. I can't wait for her to experience meeting all the characters too!

 
At 5/09/2006 2:53 AM, Blogger mommy3 said...

oh, I forgot to mention... I was also wondering when/how Mary Poppins got upgraded from nanny to princess. That is too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home