Tuesday, June 20, 2006

March 31st FINALLY!!!

Ok, the much anticipated and long over due post about Timmy's big day at Disney.

Or last day was greeting with crazy packing before heading to MGM. Once the cars were packed, we headed to catch the bus. On the way I got a few pictures of the kids.


Timmy on a mission to get to the bus.

Emma and Timmy by the fountain. The sun was so bright they couldn't see.


Timmy's last bus ride to the parks!


So we arrive at MGM and we see a little cart out front with souveniors for all the visitors. We never stopped at these because frankly, the kids got a lot at all the shops. But this day, Timmy started yelling "My HAT!! My HAT!!!" What I don't believe I told any of you with all these posts, and if I did I totally forgot because it has been so long, is that the boy fell in love with a Pluto Hat! The kind that is a Pluto head with black ears hanging from it. The crazy thing about the hat...it only comes in adult sizes. What is up with that???

So the Pluto hat was discovered in the resort gift shop. Everytime we went into this shop (everyday sometimes twice a day) he went right over and put it on. The good thing, when we were ready to leave the shop he took it off without a problem. So now he sees this hat and thinks that it is his. I tell him that we will visit the one in the shop before we leave and that makes him happy. Until we start passing people with these hats on. Can I please catch a break with this hat?!?!

So my mission (and if you ask my parents that is what the whole trip was about...a mission to see certain things) was to get Timmy to all the things he loved.

First stop was Playhouse Disney. So adorable and the children loved it. They were both mesmorized by the whole thing.



Once we came out, I realized Chicken Little woudld be in the building next to us. So I went like a crazy mother and grabbed the kids and headed to get in line. To my surprise no one was there yet, so we waited. Since the movie had only come out, both the kids were excited they would be able to see them.


Chicken Little walked out first and Timmy was so excited. He couldn't stop looking at him. He gave CL a huge hug. Then Abby Mallard came out and of course David and I had no clue who she was. We hadn't seen the whole movie yet.




After that it was off to find Buzz Lightyear. On the way we ran into some other important people.

Donald Duck!!




JoJo and Goliath!!



And then Buzz!!




Woody!


And Jessie!!



Lucky we also found....






Mike and Sully!!! No autographs with them, but the picture was good enough!!

then some pictures with Grammie and Grandpa. We were so involved with getting pictures of the kids we forgot to get group shots!! What is wrong with us?

Once back at the resort we grabbed lunch. Grammie and Grandpa bought Timmy his Pluto hat. It is so adorable on him!!! I have to check and see if I have a picture on the computer. If not, I will take one for all of you to see him.

Some goodbyes and then off to south FL to see Mimi and Pop. The kids had a great time swimming and visiting with their cousins that came in from Colorado. Can I just say I haven't met nicer kids in all my life then the 3 of them.

The kids were GREAT at the house. We were worried because there is a lot of breakables there and we thought Timmy would have a problem. Thank goodness we were wrong!! Truly they couldn't have been better.

And here we are on our way home from sunny FL!!!

Once we were home, my sister in law brought back Emma's fish she was taking care of. She was so proud that she didn't kill it. So as I was talking to them, I started cleaning the little fish tank. Wouldn't you know the little bugger jumped into the sink! No kidding!!! I screamed and yelled for help as I tried to catch him in my hands. At that point he freaked and jumped into the air and them did a head dive down the drain. All of us (me, David, Debi, Matthew, Danielle, and my brother Timmy) stood with our mouths open and then started laughing. I couldn't believe I killed the fish and neither could they. I called Emma out and told her that Cockadoodledoo went down the drain into the big ocean to see his friends. She said "ok" and when on her way. Whew, that was a close one. I thought she would be really upset. As my brother said I was really lucky. No kidding. Especially with what was to come with Jake.

Promise more updates soon!!! By the way, I am not proofreading. I need to get the pictures on and then get lunch for the kids.

Ok, I need to add more pictures in a little bit.

5 Comments:

At 6/20/2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Oh what a great day Timmy had.. You all seemed to have a wonderful family vacation.

Poor fish,.. thank goodness for Finding Nemo.

 
At 6/20/2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

I love all of the pictures! It looks like Timmy really enjoyed meeting Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jessie!! How adorable are they? You do have the cutest kids, you know!

You need to post a picture of Timmy in his Pluto hat! I bet he is SO proud of it!!

And what a nightmare with Cockadoodledoo. Poor fishy! Luckily Emma bought your story and you didn't have a huge emotional mess on your hands ;)

 
At 6/20/2006 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great pics Tracy! I love them - makes me impatient to take my kids to FL (and we will so NOT be driving, lol!)

And I was literally laughing out loud at the fish story. I could just picture that scene at the sink.

I want a pic of the Pluto hat!

 
At 6/21/2006 8:10 AM, Blogger Goodies for Mom said...

Tracy,

The photos look great!!! It looks like everyone had a fabulous time. We are thinking of Disney in the spring.

Lois

 
At 7/05/2006 11:50 PM, Blogger Beth said...

All of the pictures are so good, Tracy, looks like you guys really know how to plan a vacation! Emma reminds me SO much of Anna, I bet they would be such good friends!

The fish story, I read that with my mouth wide open. OMG. How freaky! Good job saying he went into the ocean! I don't think I would have thought of that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home