Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I tried, I really did!

Well my girl, Maggie, turned 4 on July 25th!! I tried to post that day, but blogger didn't allow me to post any pictures. It ticked me off. So her she is. The pictures are a little out of order.

So this is the first day she was home. Look how tiny she was. She was about the size of Jake's head. The first picture is her next to the couch and a play rope. The second is her first meeting with Jake and Emma. They soon became the 3 Musketeers!

































Then after 3 days Jake and Maggie decide to rest together!!

This is Emma and Maggie thinking they are going outside together.
















Maggie and Jake after 1 1/2 years together!! Aren't they adorable!!! Then there is Maggie on my bed. This is after Jake passed and she didn't know what to do with herself. She found comfort in my bed on my side!!

She had her 4 year checkup and she lost 4 lbs!!! Which is very exciting to us. She is down to 71 lbs!!! Yes we grow our dogs big!! Unfortunately, I got a call on Saturday from the vet and something came through in her blood. A tick infected her with some disease. Not lyme but something actually more serious that could kill her. The good news, we caught it before she was symptomatic and she is on antibiotics for a month.

More updates to come, now that blogger is allowing me to post pictures again!!

5 Comments:

At 8/02/2006 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable pics Tracy! I love the one of Maggie and Jake on the couch together. So cute!

I hope the antibiotics kick in and she stays healthy. My heart skipped a beat when I read that - there is no way you can have something happen to her after all you went through with Jake!

 
At 8/02/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Penny said...

I hope miss Maggie is clear in no time.. Poor Tracy... So how goes it in the puppy question.. Because looking at those 'baby' pictures of maggie really got me thinking i would want one.. Though like babies.. puppies don't stay puppies forever and i don't think (at least not yet) that i am a dog girl.. Hermit crabs yes.. dogs NO.

 
At 8/02/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Awwww, Maggie is so cute!!! Glad they picked up the infection before it was too serious. I know Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever can be as bad or worse than Lyme.

 
At 8/04/2006 1:47 AM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Hi Tracy! The pictures of Maggie and Jake are so sweet. I love the second one of their first meeting.

I hope Maggie's infection is going away with the antibiotic treatment. So glad they detected it early on!

 
At 8/05/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Awwwwww! Maggie's so sweet! Hope she's feeling better. Reilly just got over a bad bladder infection. Poor thing. We had been yelling at her for peeing in the house and all along, she was sick :-( Bad Mommy!

So are you getting a puppy or not? We're waiting until we decide whether we are moving or not. Easier to move with one small dog than a small one and a puppy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home