Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Pictures from Emma's party

For those wondering about the puppy, I don't really have any answers. Life is a little easier and to add a puppy to the mix will definitely disrupt it a little. BUT it will also add a lot of joy. My biggest hurdle is all the camping that we do. We aren't sure if we will be able to bring 2 dogs with us. The breeder still hasn't even told me if we are an acceptable family for her puppy yet, so I think that is why I am having more mixed emotions. I promise once we decide I will let you all know.

So Emma's party was a blast for her, but extremely HOT!!! In the shade, I believe it had at least a 100 degree heat index. In the sun, well forget about it.

We had a Chicken Little Beach party! I had 2 kiddie pools filled with water from our pool which was about 95 degrees!! Everything was HOT!!

The children and some parents made foam flower leis. They came out adorable!!

Unfortunately, my camera decided to stop working correctly. We had a starfish pinata. I didn't think to get the pull string kind, so the kids were swinging with the whiffle ball bat. I didn't blindfold them because I feared it would take too long. Well, it took too long anyway, so I ended up ripping a hole in the bottom of it. This is Timmy getting his turn.
Here is the cake!!! I gave our cake lady a napkin of the party supplies and it is an exact copy of it!! She is amazing. She says that I am always the one to challenge her with what I want created. Hey, only the best for my kids!!

Here she is with some of her friends blowing the candles out! As you can see the party was moved inside. Once we got inside, the kids decorated can huggers with foam summer stickers.
Here are Emma's friends waiting for her to open the gifts. Take a good look at the playroom!! Seriously, it took me 2 hours to clean this thing up. It was crazy!!! So you see some of the girls in her dress up clothes? It was funny.

All in all, she had a GREAT day!! And so did all of her friends. I fell alseep at 8:00 that night. It was a long day. Oh, and by the way, this was her 3rd party. We had a little party on the morning of her birthday at the campground. Special pancakes with a candle for her. Then that night Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Keith and Matthew came over for dinner, cake and presents. She got a pink soccer ball from Timmy and a scooter from us. WHAT WERE WE THINKING???

4 Comments:

At 8/08/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Penny said...

look at that amazing party Tracy.. She must have loved it.. your a great party planner and I love the cake.. :)

 
At 8/09/2006 1:00 AM, Blogger Beth said...

What a GREAT party, Tracy! Emma looks so wonderful and happy! I LOVE the cake, it's incredible!

 
At 8/09/2006 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun party, and I LOVE the cake. I've been thinking about your puppy debate, so I'm glad that you mentioned it. Keep us posted.

 
At 8/15/2006 1:25 PM, Blogger mommy3 said...

What a SUPER party! I love the 'custom' cake and your home and yard look perfect. Brooklyn wanted to come to the party LOL (She even blew on the screen when I got to the pic of Emma blowing out her candles LOL!) What a great day with great memories for Emma!

When/if you find the right puppy, you'll know and feel it in your heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home