Monday, January 30, 2006

My Brave Little Girl

That describes Emma. I don't think I could be prouder of my little girl. On Friday she made her first long overdue trip to the dentist. We had talked about the dentist counting her teeth, polishing them and then maybe even taking a picture of her teeth. We were right but forgot one point...the paper bib. Panic with watery eyes started as she sat in the chair (I had talked to her about the chair) and then came the bib which scared her a bit. But the hygenist was awesome and eased her mind. She showed her how each instrument worked on her finger before using it in her mouth. I held her hand but did get a chance to take this picture.



The dentist came in and said we definitely needed some xrays. Yet again, Emma was brave and did a great job! To my horror what I saw on the computer, I never would have imagined it was from my child. I was looking at a major cavity. I knew it was relly bad and my heart sunk and my eyes filled. My baby ended up having 2 cavities. One needing a baby root canal. I stood there stunned feeling like I had failed my daughter in some way. After explaining to Emma she had 2 sick teeth that needed the help of the doctor to get better, my brave girl was up for it. So we got her on the schedule for today. Here she is with all of her goodies. She was proud of herself also!!



I will try to update later today about how she makes out!

Saturday, I went to an all day crop. I actually got 13 pages done. I coldn't believe it. I felt like I had only gotten 4 done. My head was just in other places and I found I couldn't concentrate, but I did it! It was a lot of fun and time to myself without being Mom for 7 hours.

Sunday, we organized somethings in the house. We also went to my sister in law's house so David could drool over their new hi-definition big (huge!) screen TV. I am sure in a few weeks, I will be telling you that we got one. It is just a matter of time.

I need to go do some laundry before the dentist appointment. Have a great day!!!

5 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger Sara T said...

OH HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE HUUUUUUUUGS!!!
I am so sorry she got those cavities. :( Some things just can't be helped...no matter what. At least you took her in before her tooth got any worse. She is a very big brave girl. Way to go Emma!!!!

Very cool that you got to do an all day crop. I would love to see some of the pages. :)

 
At 1/30/2006 4:20 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Great pictures, Tracy! I love how brave she was.
Congrats on getting the scrapbook pages done! I know that is a huge accomplishment!

 
At 1/30/2006 4:22 PM, Blogger Friends of Allie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1/30/2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Penny said...

oooh look at those pictures. I am glad she did so well. glad you go so many pages done.. I know how good that feels. :)

 
At 1/31/2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

I love the pictures!! How come our parents never thought to take pictures of things like our first trip to the dentist? Must be the digital age. . .

I'm glad she did well and can't wait to hear about the root canal visit.

Hugs!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home