Monday, February 06, 2006

Drill Instructor!

That is Emma's new name as of today! Why you might be thinking. Today was the day I decided to start exercising.

Let me start by telling you about 4 or 5 months ago I purchased The Firm. Yes, it was an infomercial. And yes, when it comes to workout stuff that isn't too expensive I am the one that has to talk myself OUT of buying it. I have Winsor Pilates and tried it once and never again. Actually, I didn't try it. I sat on the couch and watched it.

Well The Firm came with 4 dvd's and a HUGE 2 sectioned step. I decided to just try it today. When it started it said it was 55 minutes long. My thoughts, "Holy CRAP, I think I might pass out." But determined to finally start something, I continued on. I was doing pretty good. I was about 20 minutes into it and trying to get the steps. Missing some here and there, but I kept moving. Emma finally got a glimpse of me doing something. I think her eyes were bulging when she fingured out her mother wasn't just sitting in front of the TV or on the computer. She came to watch and ask questions. That is when I realized she is good to have around because she made me talk during it. That is a lot tougher.

Then she started. "Mom, you aren't doing what they are." "I know Em, Mommy can't figure out the steps, but I am trying my best." "Well, try harder. Look at all those girls do it." The look of disapproval as I marched in place because I couldn't get a certain routine. Then it came to a bunny hop. At this point, Timmy had gotten up from his nap and now I had two of them. While trying to do the routine, Emma explained "Mom you MISSED the bunny hop. You know how to do that. Keep up!"

Did I tell you she is my drill instructor. So tomorrow, I will try again on a different dvd. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

5 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 6:15 PM, Blogger Beth said...

First of all, GOOD FOR YOU! I think it's so great that you are exercising!
I have to tell you that I was laughing out loud when Emma said to "try harder." She's a tough cookie!
I hope Drill Instructor Emma will approve more of your steps tomorrow!

 
At 2/06/2006 8:13 PM, Blogger Penny said...

way to go Tracy.. :) My daughter has a tendancy to act a little bossy at times .. It is cute now.. it won't be in 10 years..

I love yoru little Emma Stories.

 
At 2/07/2006 12:38 PM, Blogger Sara T said...

Man...we all need a little Emma around to keep us in tract. LOL! Way to go Tracy!!! Pass some motivation this way. LOL! You go girl! I am proud of you.

 
At 2/07/2006 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! What a great kid, keeping her mommy in line. Too funny.

 
At 2/08/2006 9:54 PM, Blogger Christy M. said...

I ordered the Firm about 3 years ago. Right before my wedding. The only one I did was the upper body and then it got retired to the bedroom entertainment armoir!!

Good luck with it! I think it's really good, I just couldn't hang in for the long workouts!!

Those darned infomercials are so hard to resist!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home