Friday, September 29, 2006

Crazy week!

Yes, chalk up another crazy week for us. A lot of it is a blur but I can fill you in on some of the important stuff.

We were camping last weekend and the kids, as usual, loved it!! They love spending time with everyone that goes with us. It was my parents first weekend out in their new camper and they brought my nephew along with them. Even though the weather was not the best, we still had fun!! We are scheduled for to camping trips back to the same place for next year already.

I can't remember much of Monday except we had swim lessons. Monday afternoon is so rushed. We get Emma off the bus, do homework, have a snack, and get to the gym and ready to swim. Then after swimming it is home for dinner, a quick bath and bed. Monday is nuts!!! They are both doing GREAT swimming. Each swim for 1/2 hour and are the best behaved children in the group. Especially Emma!!!

Tuesday was another big day. Timmy had school and then right after that we went into Emma's class for Johnny Appleseed Day. We cooked apple crisp, watched a movie, listened to a story, played outside and then shared the crisp. It was very good!!! Then it was time to take Emma and Timmy home, except Emma wanted to go on the bus. After some convincing she went with me. Then it was home for homework and some unwinding.

Then came Wednesday...what a day!!! School for Timmy, right after school he had OT and right after that I had to bring him to get a speech evaluation. We are in the middle of switching from early intervention to preschool services for him and it involves a lot of testing and this was the first of it. Let me say first that if they (the powers that be) would listen to me, he would only need to be tested for articulation, but there are procedures to follow. So he didn't do well on the articulation which is a good thing. She really needs help with phonological processes. Now what was interesting is that he did wonderful on the auditory and expressive. His auditory was scored at 5 year old level and expressive was scored at a 4 1/2 year old level. And the scary thing is, it would have been much higher but the test started at 2 and his nap time is at 1:30. So the boy was exhausted and the test was also 1 hour long and would have went longer if he wasn't so tired. I was so proud of him. He did wonderful and was so cooperative with the speech evaluator.

After the test it was home to get Emma and do her homework, get dinner and then it was off to her open house. I told you it was one of those days!! The PTA spoke first and I ended up signing up for every event they have! Is anyone surprised by that? I didn't think so. I am so excited that I have the time to do this. Then it was time to go to the class and it was awesome!! Can I just say that Emma has the best teacher!! It is so much fun! We did a mornign meeting and experienced what the children do. I so want to be a student in the class. Since I can't do that, I am the room mom! Yup, that is right, I took on more stuff at the school. This way I get to be more involved with everything going on. Next week the teacher opens the classroom up for parents to come in during centers and help out. So you know where I will be!! I am also due to be in the class to discuss the Halloween activities we are going to do. I just can't wait!! I also dicussed the homework being too easy for Emma.

Thursday was a little calmer. School for Timmy and then we went to Sam's club. I got two Mums that look like they are on steriods. Seriously...I promise to get pictures up. I also got some easy readers for Emma to start with. I have many in the attic but it will take some time to get my hands on them. Then it was home and a nap for Timmy while I photocopied a bunch of worksheets for Emma to practice with this weekend. Then Timmy had speech and after that we were off to the library to get Emma. She started an after school program at the library one day a week. She loved it. The bus drops her off right from school. So then you guessed it, homework, dinner, bath and then bed. Emma got extra work from her teacher. I loved that she listened to my concerns and gave her more work already.

Today, we have speech, my hair needs to get done and then picking up Emma a little early from school to start our weekend.

Oh, I almost forgot...Timmy is doing awesome with the potty training. While he is going, he sings "I'm a big boy now!" from the commericial. It is the cutest thing.

Pictures will be coming. I need to work on figuring out how to upload a lot at one time!

Thanks for checking up on us.

3 Comments:

At 9/29/2006 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Tracy. you made me feel so tired just reading all that. :)

Talking about Crazy busy..

Such good things, camping, swimming, Jonny Appleseed day (strange we took a j/a/s book out today from the library) Timmy speech and potty training. All of it sounds soo good
Crazy Tracy and the PTA,

 
At 10/01/2006 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - um, if I had any worries about staying busy as a SAHM, your week sure puts them to rest. Damn girl! :) And can we say volunteer overload? LOL. You just can't say no, huh?

 
At 10/26/2006 3:41 PM, Blogger mommy3 said...

Tracy! I've been checking for updates for awhile, but I just noticed I haven't left a comment in ages. So sorry about that! Please know that I think of you frequently!

It sounds like Emma is enjoying school. How exciting to be the room mom! I swear, assisting in K is so much fun. All the field trips and parties! I hope you are meeting lots of other great moms nearby too.

You will be glad you took Timmy to speech early. Micah has shown a lot of improvement in the past year, but I hate that he misses part of class.

I hope everything else is going well. Talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home