Saturday, August 09, 2008

Read Any Good Books Lately?

I have red 3 book that have been quite interesting.

An author that I really like is Jodi Picoult! My Sister's Keeper is one that many people are familiar with, but I have continued to stay with her books. I read Nineteen Minutes, which is about a high school student and what lead up to 19 minutes of chaos. I often think about this book and I read it TWO years ago.

This summer I read her book Mercy. Very intesting and really makes you think. You find yourself questioning many things throughout the book. When I started the book, I wasn't prepared for the first chapter. I had to reread a page 2 times to really grasp what was happening.

There was another book I read given to me by a colleague. She wasn't sure if I should read it because it was about a little girl Emma who goes missing on the beach. The woman who was responsible for the Emma could only focus on reliving those couple of minutes to find clues into her disappearance. The book was very good, but the ultimate ending was not what I thought it should have been. So I really need to discuss it with her and see how she felt. I have since passed it on, so I can't remember the name of the book or the author. If anyone is interested I can get it for you.

The last one I read was Lost and Found. Shockingly, I really enjoyed this book. It was a short read and had a few surprises in it. I loved the main character. She was strong and really found herself in the book.

I just started another of Jodi Picoult's books, Songs of the Humpback Whale. I will let you know if I finish it (time is limited) and what I think about it.

Happy Reading!

2 Comments:

At 8/13/2008 10:24 PM, Blogger Mommy Mo said...

The Year of Fog, that's the name of the book. I just read it a few months ago. Small world, huh?

I liked it OK.

 
At 8/22/2008 1:06 AM, Blogger Christy M. said...

Holy COW!! You're blogging again! I'll be back this weekend to catch up. I'm heading to bed now.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home